Hurricane PR MK.IIb in Palestine - Arma Hobby 1/72

this time something else :wink: a Arma Hobby Hurricane.
I did a conversion to the PR version used by Polish 318 fighter reconnaissance squadron in it's training time in Palestine, in combat 318 sq. used Spitfire MK.V and IX.
From aftermarket I used: Eduard seat belts and Yahu instrument panel, Quickboost propeller and exhaust pipes -both for Hasegawa kit.

Decals custom made.
IMG-9290.jpg
IMG-9291.jpg
IMG-9292.jpg
IMG-9293.jpg

• Like 69

15 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Great looking model! Did you scratch-build the camera set?

I used some resin part that I had since years, it was wrong in dimensions but easy to correct. I think it was from Omega resin from Czech Republic.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Jerzy,

another nice model in your collection!

decals are from Arma kit?

Do you know what did three crosses mean?

Decals are custom made. Regarding the "X" I have no idea about. It was written with chalk for a photo shooting, so ....

• Like 1

Wow! Yet another incredible model from the Arma kit. That's not a version you are going to see very often, but your model is outstanding! Thanks for sharing it with us...bet @Troy Smith will have a smile on his face when he sees this one!

Mike

• Like 2

Excellent result!

About the external pair of MGs characteristic to IIB. I think they might be removed from this particular machine - when they are installed they come a bit outside from the wing surface:

300px-F7018de8d934218a0cccb71354b8f145.j 

BTW - On the Canadian build Hurricanes it is sometimes (?) even more pronounced, at least on machine preserved in Ottawa Museum:

http://silverhawkauthor.com/images/site_graphics/Aircraft/Aircraft---Canada/Hawker-Hurricane-Mk--XII--Reynolds-Aviation-Museum--Wetaskiwin--Alberta--June-2012.jpg

and in photo of "Busia" I am not sure that they are there, they are taped, but the tape looks flat. 

199_22_10_19_11_17_45_95091647.jpeg 

It is just because of  curiosity :) - what do you think?

Regards

J-W

4 hours ago, Allan31 said:

Nice job, looks 1/32 scale.

When you say custom decals, did you print them yourself and what program do you use?

Thank you, I ordered decals by a friend who do this kind of service.

11 hours ago, JWM said:

Excellent result!

About the external pair of MGs characteristic to IIB. I think they might be removed from this particular machine - when they are installed they come a bit outside from the wing surface:

300px-F7018de8d934218a0cccb71354b8f145.j 

BTW - On the Canadian build Hurricanes it is sometimes (?) even more pronounced, at least on machine preserved in Ottawa Museum:

http://silverhawkauthor.com/images/site_graphics/Aircraft/Aircraft---Canada/Hawker-Hurricane-Mk--XII--Reynolds-Aviation-Museum--Wetaskiwin--Alberta--June-2012.jpg

and in photo of "Busia" I am not sure that they are there, they are taped, but the tape looks flat. 

199_22_10_19_11_17_45_95091647.jpeg 

It is just because of  curiosity :) - what do you think?

Regards

J-W

I think they are being removed to compensate for the extra weight of the camera chamber and improve flight properties.

Edited by hadzi
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/04/2021 at 17:14, hadzi said:

this time something else :wink: a Arma Hobby Hurricane.
I did a conversion to the PR version used by Polish 318 fighter reconnaissance squadron in it's training time in Palestine, in combat 318 sq. used Spitfire MK.V and IX.
From aftermarket I used: Eduard seat belts and Yahu instrument panel, Quickboost propeller and exhaust pipes -both for Hasegawa kit.

Decals custom made.
IMG-9290.jpg
IMG-9291.jpg
IMG-9292.jpg
IMG-9293.jpg

Well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1