Eduard ProfiPACK Kit - Spitfire Mk.IIa

Model 6 - Eduard ProfiPACK Kit No. 82153 - Spitfire Mk.IIa - my last build - treat this as a bit of an experiment - i added the Eduard Bressin Mk2 engine - the kit came with the etched metal detailing kits and canopy masks. this is the first time ive had a go at masking and stencilling in the invasion stripes and RAF squadron markings rather than use the decals - i'm not a purist and i'm aware that that the markings make no sense historically but hat wasnt really the point. kept the detailing kit to a minimum as well and concentrated more on the engine and paintwork. my old watercolour pencils came in very handy!

The kit itself was very good, not quite that same level as the Tamiya kits but overall very well put together with plenty of good detail in the moulding - only had to use a little filler on the nose and fuselage (standard). my first attempt at adding the additional resin engine was difficult - getting everything to fit flush with the kit was hard, especially as you have to remove most of the nose - as they say you can take it off but you cant put it back on! ive seen examples of kits like this looking amazing, not quite on that level yet - but i had a fair crack!

Ez5MpxAXEAY3O0d?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ez5Ms1IWYAAieKg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ez5MuzCWEAERt5N?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ez5MxmyXsAYLrGv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 10