Kinetic 1/48 F-21A Lion (Kfir)

This is the second of two Kinetic Kfirs I started and abandoned way back in 2014 when these kits were released. I hadn't got quite as far with this one so there was a bit more work to do to complete.

Mostly from the box - I had to replace the nose pitot because I snapped the original and the rbf tags are from Eduard and added for some colour. 

My reference photo's showed these aircraft to be pretty beaten up and weathered so I took the opportunity to go to town with oils in an attempt to learn what works and what doesn't. I learned quite a bit an I'm pretty happy with the result.

Anyway, on to the pics -

lH8qFG.jpg

lH8uXz.jpg

lH8cLA.jpg

lH8A0c.jpg

lH8S1Y.jpg

lH8OvW.jpg

lH8hO1.jpg

lH86Kj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Avgas
  • Like 45

7 minutes ago, Gidge said:

How did you find the kit to work with? I'm instated in building one

It's ok. One of Kinetic's earlier releases so mould quality isn't the best with the smaller parts suffering the most from lack of definition. Panel lines are all over the place and range from soft & deep to not more than a suggestion. Some rescribing is therefore necessary. 

To sum up, middle of the road. Not great, not out & out bad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Really nice work!  The weathered and 'beaten up' finish is very convincingly done

Thanks. I appreciate it's not to everyone's tastes but as far as I'm concerned, the more weathering to be done the better!

Thanks for the comments everyone.