All my civvy warbirds!

As a postscript to my civvy mustangs here are all of those I have in a family group shot or more.  ALL 1/72nd.

7yR1W8.jpg

Mustangs at rear with Spitfires and Sea Fury at front.
WEAEH8.jpg

Just the Mustangs. All Airfix 1/72 kits and the academy P-51B
orLGYD.jpg

Black and white 'stangs CF-FUZ in black and ZK-CCG in white
dfGRgq.jpg

jurfgV.jpg

Red 'Stangs. NX1202 and N6356T
KhyJ9x.jpg

Spitfire variety AZ Mk.IX G-ASJV and T8 G_AIDN, Sword XIV, G-FIRE 
MuaH0U.jpg

Spencer Flack duo.
AuJycL.jpg

G-FURY and G_FIRE

• Like 49

Nice collection.  Especially the Spencer Flack pair. I am very tempted to get the Draw Decal set & do a 1/48 G-FURY.  No temptation to go jet warbirds in civvy paint?  G-HUNT, Miss Demeanour or Black Knight?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bar side said:

Nice collection.  Especially the Spencer Flack pair. I am very tempted to get the Draw Decal set & do a 1/48 G-FURY.  No temptation to go jet warbirds in civvy paint?  G-HUNT, Miss Demeanour or Black Knight?

Thanks.   Would do a couple jets but need the decals. A very long time ago I did do OH-B T-33 Black Knight but hand painted the coat of arms emblem on the fin Couldn't do that now... hands not steady enough let alone eyesight,,,,As for G-HUNt Red Pegasus did a set for it but wasn't very accurate and is no longer about....

Mind you I have done an F-86 Sabre as a Boeing chase plane. should have included it in the line up ... maybe next....

Yes I think I saw once that there was a set of 1/48 decals for Black Knight but they are not about any more.  It’s a shame as I watched her years ago and still have that classic Aeroplane cover of her.   I think Draw Decal have produced new G-FIRE, G-FURY and G-HUNT decals.   The Airfix 1/48 G-FIRE is good though.  Miss Demeanour would be a paint nightmare!  G-BOOM would be easier, but making a 1/48 twin seat Hunter is expensive.

Good luck with the Sabre plan.

My Fire and Fury are wearing the  Draw Decals but have checked their website and no sign of G-HUNT??? My preference for all these are 1/72nd. I am half expecting Airfix to follow up the 48th Spit as G-FIRE with the Sea Fury and Hunter as the kits are in their range.

What they do show are the Red Pegasuus set but they are not quite right. The nose end does not taper evenly as per the real one . The decal is straight all along the bottom but the top edge tapers just one way down wards and is too sharp.

Looks like just 1/48 at the moment for G-HUNT

https://www.shopdrawdecal.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RPD-Hunter-48-1

I think that G-FURY would be an easy option for Airfix but G-HUNT is trickier as she had the sabrinas removed and the wings had no dog tooth, so wouldn’t work out of the box.  Would be pretty straight forward to adapt though. Must do that soon.

17 minutes ago, bar side said:

Looks like just 1/48 at the moment for G-HUNT

https://www.shopdrawdecal.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RPD-Hunter-48-1

I think that G-FURY would be an easy option for Airfix but G-HUNT is trickier as she had the sabrinas removed and the wings had no dog tooth, so wouldn’t work out of the box.  Would be pretty straight forward to adapt though. Must do that soon.

Maybe the 1/48th Airfix Hunter F.4 is better suite for G-HUNT.?? After all, they didn't include the extra cannon for G-FIRE with the kit, just suggesting the modeller provides his own. So with the Hunter they could do the same. But I would still like it in 72nd.

Seems an oversight by Draw Decal as I am sure they have redrawn the decals on computer so a 1/72 print shouldn’t be tricky.  Might be worth asking them?

Yes, and I believe Mike Carlton refitted dog tooth wings later so an F4 / F51 would be the nearest fit.  Fun times making G-FIRE canons out of left over sprue!

On 4/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, 72modeler said:

Wow! Didn't realize the Sea Fury was as large as a Thunderbolt! Nice collectiob!

Mike

I've seen them at FAA Museum Yeovilton 3 times now, but somehow I still manage to be surprised at the size of the Sea Fury and the Corsair.

Edited by JosephLalor

• 1 year later...
On 26/04/2021 at 11:02, Paul J said:

As a postscript to my civvy mustangs here are all of those I have in a family group shot or more.  ALL 1/72nd.

7yR1W8.jpg

Mustangs at rear with Spitfires and Sea Fury at front.
WEAEH8.jpg

Just the Mustangs. All Airfix 1/72 kits and the academy P-51B
orLGYD.jpg

Black and white 'stangs CF-FUZ in black and ZK-CCG in white
dfGRgq.jpg

jurfgV.jpg

Red 'Stangs. NX1202 and N6356T
KhyJ9x.jpg

Spitfire variety AZ Mk.IX G-ASJV and T8 G_AIDN, Sword XIV, G-FIRE 
MuaH0U.jpg

Spencer Flack duo.
AuJycL.jpg