Yet another Canberra - Airfix PR9 ***FINISHED***

PeterB

The decs are finally done - I think this must have more fuel filler cap decs (13) and red warning triangles (12) than anything I have ever built! Small wonder Airfix got confused again - when they only give you 4 triangles numbered 20 how can you put 5 on as per the instructions? Looking at a number of walkrounds and other pics I get the impression that both the aerial fit and stencils either changed over time or was just different between aircraft - maybe a mix of both. Anyway it is done.

DSC05312-crop

Just needs a finishing coat of varnish and it can go in the gallery.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 4

• PeterB changed the title to Yet another Canberra - Airfix PR9 ***FINISHED***

Paint wise not one of my better efforts but it is done!

DSC05341-crop

The kit itself is not bad, but the dodgy sprue attachment, vague instructions and faulty numbering did not help. I can't blame the kit for the paint problems - I have thrown out the remains of the can of primer, though it might just have been the weather.

That brings to an end my contribution to this GB so thanks to the organisers for letting me finally build this and my even older bus, and thanks to those who provided info and helpful comments.

Pete

• Like 5