Not Another Fw190!!!- Part Two!!

Part Two of my Eduard 1/48 Fw190A build. The candidate this time is the Fw190A-3 from the Royal Boxing and just to add some spice I used the Eduard Brassin Fw190A-3 Engine Set. Unfortunately this was not such an easy build, I decide to ignore the Brassin instructions to add the engine before joining the fuselage halves together and paid the consequences!!

I thought building the fuselage then adding the engine assembly afterwards was the way to go -WRONG!! I struggled to get the engine to fit properly and spent ages getting a decent fit - lesson learnt for next time!

The remainder of the build was straightforward, thankfully.

Again against my usual action, I chose a colourful scheme from Eduard's selection on the instruction sheet. This particular aircraft was raised from the seabed in Norway after 63 years and is now on display in a museum (Unrestored).

From my understanding this machine was actually an A-2 bought up to A-3 standard with the fitting of the uprated BMW-801D-2 engine used in the A-3 version. I decided not to have the inner u/c doors fitted, a personal choice rightly or wrongly!

Finish was again AK Real Colours/ Mig Lucky Varnish.

Fw190A-2/3? W. Nr. 125425, 12./JG 5, Herdla, Norway, December 1943 flown by Fw. K. Kundrus.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Please excuse the backgrounds on these photos, I obviously need to replace them as cracks are showing 😱 !

Thanks for looking. Cheers Andy 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1