Airfix 1/48th Sepecat Jaguar

That's one very well built model. Given the difficulty stories associated with the Kitty Hawk kit, I'm inclined to ask how the Airfix kit builds.

• Thanks 1

Hello Gazza,

Good thing you lifted this box out of the stash. Looks great and you saved yourself some money.

I can not see the difference between KH and Airfix. Again, job well done.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

Regarding the load out, not sure if possible...

Realistically this one leaves the Jag very defenceless... I the Gulf Jags carried 4 bombs under the inboard pylons  a center tank only and EW pods on the other pylons. ( Sidewinders owerwing)

But maybe early in its career that would be a legit loudout!

Again, great model!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SAT69 said:

That's one very well built model. Given the difficulty stories associated with the Kitty Hawk kit, I'm inclined to ask how the Airfix kit builds.

Thanks very much. The kit built rather well for an old kit, no real fit issues, just a bit flashy in places, a few sink holes and ejector pins in awkward places. Also the panel lines are a bit on the heavy side

and fine detail is a bit sparse. 

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Regarding the load out, not sure if possible...

Realistically this one leaves the Jag very defenceless... I the Gulf Jags carried 4 bombs under the inboard pylons  a center tank only and EW pods on the other pylons. ( Sidewinders owerwing)

But maybe early in its career that would be a legit loudout!

Again, great model!

Cheers exdraken.

Your probably right regarding the load out but I didn't like the look of the inboard double bomb pylons.  Lets pretend it's going to a sales demonstration. 😉

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s an absolute beauty that! Lovely colours, looks spot on.

Thanks Lord Riot

I'm not to keen on the MRP Dark green, it looks to green, so I added a few drops of Dark earth... looks about right to my eyes.

• Like 2