King Tiger 223 Ardennes

Hi folks,

Just a few pics from my latest build, the 1/35 Dragon King Tiger. A simple build with some etched details and many improvements, Humbrol enamels. Light weathering.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

Really nice build, It looks fantastic, so well done!

A nice change also, as you don't see a lot of King Tigers on here.

George

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vytautas said:

That is one very very nice build, in fact, it all looks brilliant, lots of lovely detail that you have done, especially camo and weathering really making this an excellent model.

Vytautas

I thank your kind words Vytautas.

Cheers from Brazil

3 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

That is very nice model indeed! Are the weld seams moulded as part of the kit, or did you add them?

Many thanks mate. The weld seams are part of the Dragon kit. I added a little more just at the rear of the tank.

3 hours ago, 593jones said:

That's an outstanding piece of work, lovely paint job and not overboard with the weathering.  Lovely!

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great build! Camouflage is fantastic. Is it brush painted?

Cheers,

Nenad

Many thanks Nenad.

The kit was mainly painted with airbrush, however, some parts with brush.

TC

Cesar

5 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Really nice build, It looks fantastic, so well done!

A nice change also, as you don't see a lot of King Tigers on here.

George

I forgot you George

I appreciate your compliment too.

Another battle of the bulge King Tiger is coming,  but with a different camouflage pattern and more aggressive weathering, a new concept in reality

Take care

Cesar

Edited by Carius
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Carius said:

I forgot you George

Another battle of the bulge King Tiger is coming,  but with a different camouflage pattern and more aggressive weathering, a new concept in reality

Take care

Cesar

SS Pzbt 501 Tigers appeared in differing camo schemes (6 tanks were supplied from another unit in a differing pattern) some hand painted, some sprayed, some with dots, others without. Some had the 1st SS Panzer Corps insignia painted on, others didn't, some had the national cross on the turret others didn't, and some did not have visible turret numbers! I recommend a book called 'Tigers in the Ardennes' by Gregory A Walden which refers to a number of individual tanks that took part from eyewitness counts clarifying the schemes worn and insignia visible, with interesting pics.

Edited by Whitewolf
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Carius said:

Hi folks,

Just a few pics from my latest build, the 1/35 Dragon King Tiger. A simple build with some etched details and many improvements, Humbrol enamels. Light weathering.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thats a fine job of a brilliant subject. Tigers I & King are still so appealing. Love it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That is one very nicely finished tank, your painting and weathering is superb, it really does look fantastic. Lots of lovely painted little details. It looks brilliant, well done...👍

Ed

Many thanks Ed, I appreciate the recognition of my efforts.

cheers

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Cesar,

Impressive beast !, I love the ambush camo you have used, and the little details like the bulb cable and the MG.
A winner.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Hi my friend, many thanks.

With respect to the paint job, I did the best I could.

TC

Cesar

4 hours ago, David Wallace said:

Thats a fine job of a brilliant subject. Tigers I & King are still so appealing. Love it

Many thanks David.

Cheers from Brazil

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You kept this one quiet Cesar. Very nice. The painting and weathering are up to your normal high standards. Great job.

John.

Glad you like it my friend. You are very kind.

Cesar

3 hours ago, Homer said:

"BEAUTIFUL "

Many thanks Homer

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Lovely textures, this is something I find hard to do. A very realistic representation.

I thank your kind words mate.

Outstanding, so many nice touches. I've got the Takom KT in the stash, working it's way slowly to the top of the pile.

Here's its brother in la Glieze, Belgian Ardennes a few years ago. My wife got me a battlefield tour for my 60th.

34c54b15-8078-4ea7-9d2c-7fe557a6b013.jpg

Pete

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Hello Cesar

Absolute stunning work, very impressive model and not tons of mud but subtle weathering, i like it

Many thanks Werner. I'm finishing another KT, with a different camouflage pattern, more vibrant colors, with stronger wear and dirt. It will be a great contrast, side by side with this one.

TC

Cesar

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Outstanding, so many nice touches. I've got the Takom KT in the stash, working it's way slowly to the top of the pile.

Here's its brother in la Glieze, Belgian Ardennes a few years ago. My wife got me a battlefield tour for my 60th.

34c54b15-8078-4ea7-9d2c-7fe557a6b013.jpg

Pete

Many thanks Pete.

Wow, great birthday gift indeed.

In the future I plan to do the same tour.

Cheers from Brazil

Cesar

• Like 2

On 25/04/2021 at 03:22, Carius said:

I forgot you George

Take care

Cesar

Excellent job !!!!!

stay safe Paolo 

16 hours ago, Carius said:

Many thanks Ernest,

I'm finishing another KT, with a different camouflage pattern and heavy wear and dirt.

Cheers

I'll be looking forward to seeing that Cesar, KT's never get boring, there is something enigmatic about them.

A side by side comparison photo-shoot would be welcome:thumbsup:.

Cheers 👍,

Ernst

• Like 1

Hi Carius. I hope you are keeping well. That really is an AWESOME King Tiger! Very, very impressive finish and weathering! Top notch modelling as always! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix