Sea King wheel wells question

perdu

Colin @heloman1 must be wishing he hadn't involved me in his S-61N build begun a few years ago by sending me his project to complete.

Sorry mate but I am with it now, only it and my bus on the bench until she is completed.

Anyway may I draw upon the huge knowledge base here in BM to help me tackle the end phases please.

I have the Airfix Sea King as the base model and am trying to unravel the mystery of the retraction gear inside the sponsors, none of the pictures I have found yet uncover the deep dark hole and the gubbins that makes it unfold.

What dark mysteries lurk in here?

16192495760247155704204738364182.jpg

The Airfix units have a triangular frame that should just sit out of sight along the hole, there must be more to it than that surely.

16192496304917173429652544781295.jpg

A gratuitous shot to prove the new (vac formed hollow) sponsors are ready for paint and struts at last.

Please help an old man.

And Colin...

27 minutes ago, Julien said:

best I can find

Better than anything I could find thanks Julien

Crisp I will appreciate anything, mind you I have had a very nostalgic morning re-reading your first Sea King thread

Upto page 16/17 now and enjoying a rip-roaring sea faring swashbuckler.

👍

• Haha 1

Hi

Following a couple of quite lengthy updates on my desktop I seem to have lost the ability to post pictures.

I hope these might help.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin4/sea_king_mk.48_rs03/index.php?Page=2 

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/howard_mason3/sea_king_has6/ 

Chris

Thank you Chris, very useable pictures and they will be stolen ruthlessly and bunged in my Sea King file.

And the actual Sea King with rivets part 1 thread provided me a lifetime's supply of Sea King undercart on pages 29, 30 and 31.

Answers supplied and problems solved, thank to all who helped.

Now I have to attempt getting the right stuff into the holes in my vac-formed sponsors, down to me making the mistakes again.

Nothing changes...