New series of Warbird workshop on Yesterday.

Whofan

Saw the first episode of th new series of Warbird workshop last night, it was on a 2 seater hurricane. I'm sure the hurricane officionados here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I wasn't aware that there was a 2 seater hurricane during WW2.

Anyway, the programme was a brisk run through of the restortion work, with soe historical perspective, and finished with the daughter of a BoB hurricane pilot taking a flight in the 2 seater.

next week's programme is about a restoration of the Navy's first seaplane.

Next week’s may be interesting, though I assume it’s more replica than rebuild.  Although the Admiralty were interested in the experiments Captain Wakefield the owner / developer of Waterbird had Army rank!  

• Like 1

I thought last night's programme was pretty good. As far as I know the Russians did two seat conversions during the war, only British two seaters were produced for the (then) Persian air force which featured two separate canopies, produced early post war.

Next week's programme is about the Waterbird, a very early (pre WWI)

marine aircraft so will indeed be a replica!

Cheers, Paul

The conversion to the Hurricane that was once Peter Teichmanns' is now at Biggin and owned by Peter Monk of The Biggin Heritage collection. An article about the reason for it appeared in a FlyPast issue but basically it expands the range of former fighter aircraft enabling passengers to be carried along side all those 2 seat Spitfires that are quite prolific these days.

• Like 1

I found this weeks programme on the Hurricane very interesting, look forward to seeing it flying overhead joining the Spitfires from Biggin Hill that are regular over-flyers.   Robin.