1/72 Douglas C-47A "Belle of Birmingham", Airfix and etc.

Hi, everybody! Let me present you my next model. Here I use standard techniques, but there is one innovation - dowelled antenna made of mustache of my pet rabbit. The rabbit's tendril fell out by itself, I did not pull it out)).

rTGijwu.jpg

fkZY0wW.jpg

aabnrd6.jpg

DQBcupR.jpg

LPSUuPs.jpg

qMLYUbD.jpg

vZzviT9.jpg

bXGRNxY.jpg

4eUtj7i.jpg

ZS2p5zq.jpg

JWaH0lX.jpg

TkcPh58.jpg

FelxE71.jpg

AItbbPA.jpg

8EcKcIM.jpg

3AUD2wr.jpg

5YMhKOW.jpg

WMnWaaz.jpg

lSVDzb2.jpg

9TuGXvu.jpg

trdG2Ef.jpg

igjZGWm.jpg

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 61
  • Thanks 3

It’s got beautiful wings, it’s got beautifullll things, it’s got a beautiful face, you’ve got taste...  rabbit rabbit rabbit 

(with apologies to Chas and Dave)

this will of course mean nothing to anyone born outside the U.K. or after 1990..😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great build.  And a very nice finish. I used whiskers that my cats used to moult for whip aerials  so you are not the only one to use your pets as a modelling aid.  I love the rivetting detail ; its such a prominent feature of the Dakota airframe

That's really smart looking--it's as if you shrank the real aircraft!  How did you get the passenger window gun-ports to look so good?  I tried using the kit-supplied decals, but was unhappy with them.  Did you use a clear-gloss over the windows after applying decals?

Beautiful job, the detail in the U/C bays and engines is just great.:like:  (Like the film industry, I think you should have had a disclaimer at the end of your intro, No rabbits were harmed in the making of this model 😄).

Pete

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Beautiful job, the detail in the U/C bays and engines is just great.:like:  (Like the film industry, I think you should have had a disclaimer at the end of your intro, No rabbits were harmed in the making of this model 😄).

Pete

178417600_5657107860996819_6911387074055

Here he is - my supplier of parts 😄

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

That's really smart looking--it's as if you shrank the real aircraft!  How did you get the passenger window gun-ports to look so good?  I tried using the kit-supplied decals, but was unhappy with them.  Did you use a clear-gloss over the windows after applying decals?

I used a set of decals from "Foxbot", and spanked some "futura" varnish on top.

This model is exceptionally interesting and well done, even looking at your own high standards. I will look for these Foxbat decals, I think... Gratulations!

Edited by socjo1