DAP Beaufighter Mk.21 Conversion Set (7446 for Airfix Kit) 1:72 CMK by Special Hobby

DAP Beaufighter Mk.21 Conversion Set (7446 for Airfix Kit)

1:72 CMK by Special Hobby

spacer.png

The Mk.21 was a version of the Bristol Beaufighter built in Australia by the Department Of Aircraft Production. Between 1944 & 1946 365 Aircraft were built. The 0.303 guns were replaced by 0.5" guns and the ASV radar and dorsal fin were never fitted. However, the engines had their two-speed blowers made fully operational, thus becoming Hercules XVIIIs. A combination of quitter engines and increased armament led the Japanese to name these aircraft "The Whispering death".  This new set from CMK provided new resin and Vac form parts along with decals.  The resin parts are for the bulge in front of the canopy, and new hedgehog exhaust.  There is a new vac form canopy for the observers position of which 2 are kindly provided in case you stuff one up!

spacer.png

Decals

Decals are provided in this set for two RAAF aircraft. The decals look to be in house and are well printed and should pose no issues.

• A8-27/DU-A - "Rockabye Baby", Morotai, 1945
  • A8-116/SK-N - "Babs/Pistol Pakin Gremlin", Labuan, Borneo, August 1945

spacer.png

spacer.png

Conclusion

This set offers a quick drop in upgrade to the kit parts. Recommended. 

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Thanks 2

Now that looks pretty handy. I’ve got a heap of decals and now need additional Airfix Beaufighter kits to build all the schemes I want / need. Thanks (I think?).

Cheers.. (too many Bristols)... Dave 

• Like 1