ALBATROS DV. Eduard Profipack 1/48.

Hi all.

After an unfortunate incident with a 1/48 Bf-109 I start this Eduard kit driven by the desire to reproduce wood. The sides are painted with airbrush and masks. The chair and the rest of the pieces are made with the sponge and oil technique.

At first the cockpit.

Andrés S.

51131560428_47f18f1cef_o.jpg

51132124299_af5652daa6_z.jpg

51132124249_c8bbb38616_o.jpg

Edited by Andrés S.
  • Like 17

Thanks guys for your words.

A small advance. Propeller painted with Tamiya XF-59 and XF-64. Exhaust painted with XF-10 brown from Tamiya and some rust tones from Vallejo. Wheels painted with Tamiya XF-53 neutral gray and tires with a mix of Tamiya pink and dirt dirty with Vallejo earth color.

Andrés S.

51132289022_719572cdac_o.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, LOX said:

Looking very good. If possible can you make a close up of the prop and wheels? They look really nice!

Hi LOX,

Thanks for your kind words.
It is the most I can do with the photograph, if I put it at a larger size it would pixelate.

Andrés S.

51138673641_4dcc6186b7_o.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Andrés!

Wow, I have no words... The cockpit is fantastic. But the propeller is... I think it is one of the best wooden propellers I have ever seen.

Congratullations!

Un fuere abrazo.

Miguel

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mihajlo said:

Hi, Andrés!

Wow, I have no words... The cockpit is fantastic. But the propeller is... I think it is one of the best wooden propellers I have ever seen.

Congratullations!

Un fuere abrazo.

Miguel

Thank you very much Miguel. I hope to be able to continue with the fuselage soon when the decals arrive.

Abrazotes!!!

Andrés S.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started with painting.

The fuselage is still waiting for the decals to arrive that simulate the plywood it was covered with. Well, I have applied white XF-2 from Tamiya to the tail, to the lower part of the RLM 65 wings from Gunze, the yellow is the RLM 04 from AK Real Color, the metallic is aluminum from AK Extreme Metal and for the part upper wings I have used dark green XF-81 from Tamiya and purple H-39 from Gunze. This last color is brilliant, so to work with it during the painting phase, I have applied Vallejo flat varnish. Masking to simulate the internal structure of the wings and tail is quite a looooong and tedious process so even though it's unfinished I show how it goes.

For the ribs that formed the structure of the fabric parts, I am using 0.5 mm tape. So I don't have to worry about whether the piece of tape (Tamiya) that I cut is exactly the same as the previous piece I cut.

Andrés S.

51190435372_b4a35f4198_o.jpg

51191913299_3d85473d5a_o.jpg

51192207750_843eb4f4ff_o.jpg

51191143641_53df3383a2_o.jpg

• Like 7