Super VC10 wing details

CT Modeller

2 hours ago, David H said:

They don't exactly replicate the arrangement you describe but they are close

Thats as good  I could do using a keyboard , fwd slash , space ,space, back slash space,space and repeat !  Spent enough times on and in VC10 wings 1972-92 although last on one or three  at Bruntingthorpe 2012 ish 

Outboard wing fence (from Rib 22)  on a Super ? Do you mean the slat fence ? Got you Rib 27 ish going outboard .

Not teaching you or anyone else to suck eggs ..

The BOAC/BA/RAF K2 Standard 's generators are inboard of Rib 22 .

RAF C.Mk1 / C.1K don't have any Wing VGs. 

BUA Standards  , RAF VC10 K3 and K4s as for Super VC10s

Where did you find those Vortex Generator details  ? 

Edited by bzn20

44 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Thats as good  I could do using a keyboard , fwd slash , space ,space, back slash space,space and repeat !  Spent enough times on and in VC10 wings 1972-92 although last on one or three  at Bruntingthorpe 2012 ish 

Outboard wing fence (from Rib 22)  on a Super ? Do you mean the slat fence ? Got you Rib 27 ish going outboard .

I admit i'm being sloppy in my terminology. There's the big "Mama Mia" sized fence (inboard), and then there's the two little fences located on the leading edge slats. The photo below illustrates where i'm at right now...

10-116

-d-

Blimey David , you're on VC10 Fan club  and appreciation groups .

That inboard fence is in a different position on the Super and RAF C.Mk1 / C.1K , K3 and K4 to the Standards , RAF K2 .

Supers is 3 inches ish further outboard than the Standards'

Cheers Russ 

8 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Blimey David , you're on VC10 Fan club  and appreciation groups .

That inboard fence is in a different position on the Super and RAF C.Mk1 / C.1K , K3 and K4 to the Standards , RAF K2 .

Supers is 3 inches ish further outboard than the Standards'

Cheers Russ 

Russ, in case you haven't seen yet, here's where i'm at with the engine nacelles....

10-250 10-249 10-253 10-258

-d-

• Like 1

Yes ,cowlings and stubwings are a work of art . Very well done  Don't suppose it means much but those oil drains on the underneath are Stardard VC10 only < BUA,BOAC/BA, Sultan's   . Super and RAF C.Mk1s was just  flush holes .

Go down to Duxford's Super SGC , Above that is BA Standard RVM 

Take no notice of the painted Beaver Tails ,they're not painted and the original early shape. For some reason only SGB and SGC kept that shape 

Vickers VC-10 - Jet & Rocket engined Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Yes ,cowlings and stubwings are a work of art . Very well done  Don't suppose it means much but those oil drains on the underneath are Stardard VC10 only < BUA,BOAC/BA, Sultan's   . Super and RAF C.Mk1s was just  flush holes .

Go down to Duxford's Super SGC , Above that is BA Standard RVM 

Take no notice of the painted Beaver Tails ,they're not painted and the original early shape. For some reason only SGB and SGC kept that shape 

Vickers VC-10 - Jet & Rocket engined Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

I was working mainly from an air to air photo of -ASGD on pages 48-49 of the Key publishing magazine. The undersides of the fairings between the tailpipes were painted grey and i just did bare metal around the edges. Photos taken from the rear looking at the tops of the nacelles were hard to find.

I thought about filing down the tips of the fairings, but the one and only photo i had of ASGH taking off looked  sort of like the pointed variety was retained.

This photo provided a lot of help with things like the cabin outflow valves, what i think are water drain holes, fridge pack outlets, and what i believe to be fuel vents in the wings. Whats still an unknown are the black circles  spread along the wing leading edge, behind the slat lower edges but i think in front of the wing front spar.

For my next trick, i'll finish applying the cabin window decals.

-d-

1 hour ago, David H said:

black circles  spread along the wing leading edge, behind the slat lower edges

Those are circular grills for cooling ( I suppose) the Slat Jacks, 2 per slat .

Fuel tank vents are just before the wing tips both sides  . Right Vent is for the left wing and Centre Tank, left Vent for right wing . Fin tank has it's own Vent top of the fin left side 

I can stick a bunch of pics on your FB messenger if you want 

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

Those are circular grills for cooling ( I suppose) the Slat Jacks, 2 per slat .

Fuel tank vents are just before the wing tips both sides  . Right Vent is for the left wing and Centre Tank, left Vent for right wing . Fin tank has it's own Vent top of the fin left side 

I can stick a bunch of pics on your FB messenger if you want 

well, i *would* be interested in seeing if they could be added, this late in the game and for that i need to know what they look like. Complicating the issue is there are a lot of panel lines in that region that Roden ignored...

-d-

Edited by David H

23 hours ago, bzn20 said:

i forgot to answer your question: I got the cabin windows, vortex generators and windshield wipers from Authentic Airliners Decals.

23 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi David, 

Just a heads up, you don't get any vortex generators on the Authentic Airliners standard VC10 kit.

Cheers,

Ian

Well, as Charlton Heston would say...

Heston-02

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David H said:

late in the game

It is David , can't start things like that now 😄

Edited by bzn20