Embayweather

embayweather

Just joined the group. Been modelling on and off for most of my life, but lately back to doing it in earnest as my health slowly deteriorates. The revival was triggered by a promise to build my Dads left over kits, but has since grown into doing more and more. mostly aircraft, but also just finishing one of the Calypso which I had had in my oft for many years. The biggest problem I have come across, apart from my limited ability, is that I am colour blind, and finding the right colours is Humbrol, my paint of choice, is very difficult, especially if a mix is required, or I need something for ageing etc. thus my models are mostly pristine, which I guess the originals were at some point. So I guess there may well be many questions on which numbers to use in the future.

Best wishes

Mike

• Like 1

embayweather welcome to the forum. You have ventured into the right place. Your questions will be dullie answered. I too have been in this model business most of my life and have many aging disabilities. I'm looking forward to your builds and hope your questions will be answered.

I am into 1/48th scale aircraft but will do most any subjects and scale.

Again welcome.

All The Best.

Ron VanDerwarker

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, I am sure I will be calling on your expertise in the future. I should add that just prior to writing this I got delivery of a new model to build, it is a De Havilland DH83 Fox Moth. It was the very first aircraft in which I flew, off the beach in Southport many decades ago. The kit was so very hard to find, but I got one in the end!

Mike

• Like 1

Gidday Mike, welcome aboard. For me it's almost exclusively WW2 warships, mainly in 1/600 scale. I also use Humbrol (enamels) but lately I've been finding that what's in the tin often doesn't match the colour of the lid. It must be worse for you. I've been drifting a bit towards Revell. Regards, Jeff.