Boeing 747-8F Cargolux LX-VCM, Revell&Zvezda&co., 1/144

Few days ago I finished another "long-term" project. It was my challenge since Apr. 2019.

Small diorama with Boeing 747-8F in Cargolux Cutaway special livery on airfield fragment.

The kit is mainly Revell, but, due to poor quality of some pcs. I took from Zvezda's 747 all the wheels (Revell's are to small), front landing bay and gear, engine's fans.

Then I spent many hours scratching cargo compartment. At the end, to bring more 'life' to the diorama I ordered some, available online, stuff from ROCAST Models, which are superb.

Naturally I had to add some photoetched parts - I bought Microdesign  144220, which has some issues, but most parts are ok.

As usual, sorry for, probably too many, pictures.

whZyxpcm.jpg  xASlzMmm.jpg  29mL0hcm.jpg  OACgn01m.jpg  dXu9Ribm.jpg  sXPOY7Lm.jpg  6H1fntvm.jpg  i3Usy9Pm.jpg  1KvqQgHm.jpg  byLW1p1m.jpg  PrVG7M4m.jpg  mCj1FNCm.jpg  nVPJtRum.jpg  goiYD6Om.jpg  RPpQnpYm.jpg  oBOeVgWm.jpg  lMtyaGQm.jpg  deSK93mm.jpg  pnIHPxpm.jpg  jn9jFoLm.jpg  OdMsLIfm.jpg  LEXpE4Am.jpg  PYBeOSkm.jpg  KmonpwHm.jpg  o0x4sYSm.jpg  GAzy2pDm.jpg  QSuS64Fm.jpg  kjznbh3m.jpg
VAtkYUEm.jpg  fRLfINBm.jpg  lRH27G9m.jpg  pRQgdsom.jpg  0O8ml0Bm.jpg  JjtDXT4m.jpg  myixruwm.jpg  8ASh6sRm.jpg

Cheers Piotr "Milczący" 🍻

Edited by Milczacy
start date change
  • Like 60
  • Thanks 5

Generallly I'm not a big fan of civil airliners but your model is really gem in terms of details, sublte weathering, colourfull appereance and adding diorama aspects. Gratulations!

Edited by socjo1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That is just wonderful. Superb build, excellent diorama and beautifully photographed - definitely not too many pictures!

Dave G

I agree wholeheartedly!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That is just wonderful. Superb build, excellent diorama and beautifully photographed - definitely not too many pictures!

I agree!

Absolutely awesome! And you have answered a question for me about the fit of the Zvezda engine fans into the Revell engines. Bravo!

• Thanks 1

Hi Piotr.....

Wow. This one even gets two WOWs! I have to say there certainly is NOT anything “small” about this project. Everything about it is VERY large!! Absolutely amazing. Your work here is beautiful, and very meticulous; I am enjoying the detail, and the attention to detail that most would overlook. Makes this one look about as real as real gets, without being “real.” Even down to the chocks under the main gear. Quite ingenious and imaginative! The cargo floor looks so real. Thank you for sharing...so very inspiring. One more time.....WOW. :clap:

Cheers!

Paul  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1