What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

12 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Just ordered U-Rust corrosion set from Ammo... lets see if the damn price matches the product!

u-rust-set-de-creacion-de-corrosion.jpg

Cheers

LM

Nicely packaged. These companies certainly know how to make mundane products seem very desirable.

4 hours ago, IanC said:

Nicely packaged. These companies certainly know how to make mundane products seem very desirable.

Must agree with you. Many things are current stuff packaged with their name and big price, but I'm curious a bit about this one. Its damn expensive, but I want to do a king Tiger octopus one damaged, and this thing maybe...maybe will do it nicely. I suppose its some kind of oxide powders or so, with some kind of activators. The question is will they stabilize and stop the oxidising process?.

Of course it carries a booklet, but even so it has a huge price.

Cheers

LM

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Lucky you!

This is what they're apparently going for these days.. :banghead:

Free shipping? They'd better!

y4mBnDmKzzh4Tao3kkPkQy0234y1oMkil1yLzAgX

It’s yours for a mere $500! (Including shipping!!!)

Was pretty happy to pick this up for a very sensible price, less than a reasonable bottle of wine

SD

• Like 2

The new Airfix Mosquito kit. They've just hit our shores by the look of it & seem to be about $NZ50.00 plus post, which can be up to another NZ$10.00, which had me holding back, then when I saw one today for $NZ44.00 plus a lesser post amount, all coming in for just under $NZ50.00, I hesitated for about 1 nanosecond before hitting the add to cart button. Hopefully all with be present & correct with it, I'll be looking it over very carefully.

Steve.

• Like 4

Come on you guys, you aren't trying, what about a nice bottle of Lambrini 🥂🤮

When my offspring were in a youth theatre group, they used to have raffles at performances to raise funds. One of the prizes was a bottle of Lambrini, the label had a mark on it and so you would see at the next raffle. It is still probably doing the rounds having been won and donated at the next raffle. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Haha 6

Could always go for a famous West of Scotland Vintage  . . . . . . 'Buckie' !!!!!

Just looked on Amazon and surprisingly expensive considering its reputation , and it comes in gift sets.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, stevehnz said:

This evening I bought a resin conversion from Themodelcarchannelstore to convert my Fujimi Ferrari 330 P4 kit into a Spyder as raced by the 1st & 2nd cars at the 1967 Dayton 24 hours race. A bit spendy, a fair bit of that being postage from USA & no doubt it'll get here & I'll think "I could have scratched all that", but, 'tis done now. :)

Steve.

Looks like I might be scratching this after all, having fallen foul of USPS no longer posting to New Zealand. :(

Some US merchants seem to have worked around this but not this one. I was refunded my original cost in full, I guess I should have asked the question before committing. 

Steve.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Looks like I might be scratching this after all, having fallen foul of USPS no longer posting to New Zealand. :(

Some US merchants seem to have worked around this but not this one. I was refunded my original cost in full, I guess I should have asked the question before committing. 

Steve.

Hello Steve what about a relay ? Find a member here in the states ship it to them. They rebox it as a xmas/birthday gift and send it on. Might even miss customs as a gift ? The only thing would be to reimburse the member here the postage say via PayPal ? 

Dennis

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Steve what about a relay ? Find a member here in the states ship it to them. They rebox it as a xmas/birthday gift and send it on. Might even miss customs as a gift ? The only thing would be to reimburse the member here the postage say via PayPal ? 

Dennis

I had thought of that Dennis but the stumbling block is that anyone else is likely to have postage hassles too. I'll keep this in mind while exploring other avenues. Thanks for the thought though.

Steve.

• Like 1

Sorted one half of my Xmas shopping on Amazon, needed some paint as well. Was going to get some humbrol 33 but the craft paint popped up for a good few p cheaper and I thought why not at least try it, seems to work as well as 33 for interior and maybe with some water fine for exterior as well, may well dry out before using it all but either way much better value for money. resized_8eea9cfe-3337-4cbf-9f37-08228e67

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:35 PM, stevehnz said:

The new Airfix Mosquito kit. They've just hit our shores by the look of it & seem to be about $NZ50.00 plus post, which can be up to another NZ$10.00, which had me holding back, then when I saw one today for $NZ44.00 plus a lesser post amount, all coming in for just under $NZ50.00, I hesitated for about 1 nanosecond before hitting the add to cart button. Hopefully all with be present & correct with it, I'll be looking it over very carefully.

Steve.

This arrived yesterday, I'm happy to report that it is all present & correct, no quality issues at all as I can see. I think it was @MACALAIN who was keen to get a report of this from the presumably now defunct Where are all the mosquito kits thread ( Oh dear, who said what I wonder :( ) At least one of them is here, there seen plenty scattered around the country.

Steve.

I somehow forgot to post my Telford purchases, really just some bits and bobs of glue, paint, coastal bases bases, the phoenix magazines and the Hobby 2000 1/72 Avenger  (lat model as used at Suez) , but I've just had a little parcel come from Plastic Fantastic in Bicester with a Rob Taurus vac formed pair of canopies for a 1/72 F-5e, to replace the clear sprue from an ItaleriF-5e that the carpet monster has eaten.

I also had from Accurate armour a modest purchase of their 1/35 modern water cans, MOD jerry cans (1964 onwards), Ammo boxes and bowman aerial basies, together with their ratchet strap accessories;

Sam_0359

Sam_0358

Sam_0357

Although I haven't taken the ratchet strap parts out of the packet, it looks just like cassette tape.

Hold on, it is! There are some etch prts in the package which I haven't photographed.

The ratchet straps are for the ATMP I have in the stash, the jerry cans, water cans and bowman aerials for the various AFV's I have.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

may well dry out before using it all but either way much better value for money. 

Hopefully shouldn't do - I've got bottles of various brands of those types of acrylic over 30 years old and they're still fine! They are as you say great for detail painting, and suitably thinned they also spray nicely - i've done a number of car bodies with them.

Keith

• Like 1

Deliveries this week have been following a bit of a theme with one related item still to come although still looking for at least one more of the relevant 1/48 Monogram/Revell kits in the short term and maybe others in the future.

Via eBay

1/48 Aeromaster 48-411 Kingfishers Part II decals from donnedward_855.

Aircraft Pictorial 3 - OS2U Kingfisher , by Dana Bell , published 2010 by Classic warships Publishing , bought new from bookmarkitman at less than half the scary Amazon prices , excellent reference on the subject , same size format as Squadron Signal In Action series but with one and a half times the pages and high quality reproduction of the mainly full page period black & white and colour photos and drawings.

PDF download of Aeromilitaria 1986 Issue 3 published by Air Britain bought from flightwaypublishing and includes an article on . . . . . . Royal Navy Kingfishers.

From Kingkit

Squadron Signal In Action 119 – OS2U Kingfisher by Al Adcock , published 1991 by Squadron Signal usual mix of black & white images , drawings and colour artwork.

From Phoenix Scale Publications

So far Kingfisher free but have bought three month subscriptions to Plastic Aviation Modelling and Plastic Scale Modelling , intend to go for longer but December Plod Pension already covers annual car expenses so will defer for a couple of months to spread the load.

• Like 2