What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

2 hours ago, Potato Pete said:

A large sack of peanuts to keep the birds happy

Ah, that's nice. I spend quite a bit on my fussy birds - they're currently turning their beaks up at the big bag of cheap seed I bought them, preferring a more expensive luxury brand.

I'm hoping that in return they'll all chip in this Christmas to buy me a plastic kit. We'll see.. 🐦🐥

• Haha 3

A trip to Halifax Modellers World yesterday to pick up a pre ordered KP Sopwith Dolphin. Whilst I was there, I succumbed to the 1/72nd Dora Wings P43 Lancer. I fancy converting it to one of the reconnaissance aircraft flown by the RAAF. I am pretty sure I have the bits left over from the Pavla kit that came to sticky end before I got round to using them. 

1 hour ago, IanC said:

I'm hoping that in return they'll all chip in this Christmas to buy me a plastic kit. We'll see.. 🐦🐥

I've spent a fortune feeding the little blighters for years - they've never even got me a tangerine....!! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, chrisrope said:

Kits

These were in my local Charity shop today. I picked up the 262 for £3 but left the other 2 @£5 each. 
Are they worth the extra £2 each?

Might go back tomorrow when I’ve been paid

Ive built the 112 Its not a bad little kit. Good reason to practice a bit of scratch building by adding some detail in the wheel bays as the two wing cannons would be visible. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping that my next acquisition will be either the Trumpeter 1/350 Graf Zeppelin or, Peter Strasser.

My partner is going to drag me kicking and screaming to Wonderland when she visits next week!! 😉😂

This will be my Crimbo treat. It'll be her choice and, whichever is cheaper!

John

Ps -  they are both very expensive (to me anyway) but, I will be contributing! 😊.

• Like 5

RF-4C Phantoms in 1/72 are a bit thin on the ground lately.

There are several Hasegawas in the US but with the current postage extortion rates USPS is doing, those come out at 100+.  Nope.

Did find a good old ESCI without decals on bay for an acceptable level, so that will have to do. 

• Like 2

I've had my eye on the AlleyCat Models Gloster Javelin Mk.2 XA778 conversion for the Airfix 1/48th scale kit. Finally had the the money available shortly after Models for Sale took over the distribution - first time I've bought an AlleyCat conversion, and first time I've bought from Models for Sale. They were great, so I'll be buying from them again, and I'll certainly be getting more AlleyCat stuff, as it's superb.

Here's the actual aircraft in all its faded and grimy glory:

0e8f214d5403b612ffbcf04c00b86c00.jpg

And here's the conversion parts - this should be fun:

Javelin Mk.2

• Like 11

On 11/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, Beermonster1958 said:

I'm hoping that my next acquisition will be either the Trumpeter 1/350 Graf Zeppelin or, Peter Strasser.

My partner is going to drag me kicking and screaming to Wonderland when she visits next week!! 😉😂

This will be my Crimbo treat. It'll be her choice and, whichever is cheaper!

John

Ps -  they are both very expensive (to me anyway) but, I will be contributing! 😊.

I'm assuming 'Wonderland' is the real thing, and not one of those miserable muddy carparks with a few lights in the trees, a disinterested Santa sitting in a tent looking at his phone and a donkey tethered to a fence post? 🥳

• Haha 7

On 27/11/2021 at 12:30, IanC said:

I'm assuming 'Wonderland' is the real thing, and not one of those miserable muddy carparks with a few lights in the trees, a disinterested Santa sitting in a tent looking at his phone and a donkey tethered to a fence post? 🥳

Wonderland Models here in Edinburgh!!

It's the real thing all right!😉😊

John

Edited by Beermonster1958
  • Like 2

Another bargain 1/35 Miniart T-54 from ebay last night. This time the full interior T-54-2 version.

To go with it a metal barrel from Model Hobbies and the Miniart early T-54 transmission set from Creative Models because it would be rude not too!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some masks on pre-order came in stock

p?i=9ddce33c97643694b3a2ae141e4188c5

So I added a decal set

And then, to give them some protection in shipping, these were slipped in to the box

p?i=2a8805ef7b0300e193769eb8860914d0

The stuff at the back of the desk is a Spitfire soon to appear in a KUTA near you

/P

• Like 3

Most kits I’ve purchased recently have gone in a draw for groups builds most months away or I’ve just not got round to them before the enthusiasm wains so set myself a challenge, popped to the local, could buy anything only rule I have to it start and try and finish it this year. What felt like a lifetime later I’ve left a second hand Airfix (esci) dc-3 kit….given my first attempt at that kit ended in the bin hopefully this goes better.  Edit: and just got an offer accepted on a Hasegawa sabre one my long running attempt to get a canopy for a diecast repair 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:11 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

Wonderland Models here in Edinburgh!!

It's the real thing all right!😉😊

John

I do envy you having a real model shop you can visit. I can't remember the last time I was in one. I suppose it must have been Beatties in Holborn in the 1990s, and that wasn't even a proper model shop. Going further back there were places in Farnborough and Reading but can't recollect their names.  ☹️

• Like 1

Me too. When we arrived here 15 years ago there were two model shops in Limoges, about 55km away. One closed about 10 years ago due to the proprietors  ill health and the other closed a couple of years ago when the couple who owned retired.

Going back to the " good old days " when we lived in Sandhurst we had three shops locally at Farnborough, Bracknell and Reading. The one at Farnborough  was Farnborough Models and Toys run by a very nice chap called Ron, which started as a launderette with a few kits in one corner and developed into a well stocked model shop.

John

PS: my latest acquisition? A couple of Molotow liquid chrome markers

• Like 2

I've lived up here, on The Backside Of Beyond, for over 40 years and there have been two hobby stores here in that time. 

The first was open for about 3 weeks, then closed.

The next one was just a small place, that opened in the early 2000's that mostly dealt with the RC crowd but did have a few kits and other supplies. It was open for about 4 years before the city, with the idiot plans they had back then, decided to tear down that long row of older townhouses and build a medical clinic. It took about five before they did tear id down and now it just a long row of weeds and bushes.

So I'm still a 5 hour drive from the closest shop.

Chris

• Sad 5

• Julien locked this topic