What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

Most of my recent acquisitions have been a bit random (for me) and consist of a Handley Page Victor B Mk.2 (Blue Steel), a Victor K.2, a new tool Avro Vulcan B.2, and a Beaufighter TF.10 (that makes four!), all Airfix and 1/72 of course. The Eduard Special Edition "Desert Babes" Tornado GR.1 turned up today, and I've also had a selection of vintage Heller kits this week from a fellow BM-er.

Its all getting a bit out of hand, especially as I've ordered an Airfix Beaufort now.....I need to get some Hurricanes ordered and try to reclaim a little sanity :mental:

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Its all getting a bit out of hand, especially as I've ordered an Airfix Beaufort now.....I need to get some Hurricanes ordered and try to reclaim a little sanity :mental:

y4m5DaccmwbAPWrY1Y55b4pLriggZfG2-i8VcanD

• Haha 4

Went to a local used bookstore, Once Read Books. Always gua-ran-teed to offer something I need.

The Flying Wings of Jack Northrup by Garry R. Pape

Aeroguilde 15, Intruder by Roger Chesneau

Colors & Markings 5, Colors and Markings of the A-6 Intruder, Bert Kinzey and Ray Leader

Gunships, A Pictorial History of Spooky, by Larry Davis

The Art Chester Story, by John W. Caler

Fifth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

Twelfth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

Fifteenth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

• Like 3

I'm still under my kit-buying moratorium until the end of the month (which will make it ten weeks without buying a kit!) so I'm beginning to rattle a bit.  However, in order to stave off the spiders I bought  a set of canopy / ident code masks, hedgehog exhausts and propellers in resin and a set of the dreaded PE seatbelts for my Bristol Aeroplane Company GB Beaufighter and six sets of Bf109E gun barrels, three each in 1/72 and 1/48.

Of course, there's a not inconsiderable list of kits that I might buy once July is out.

• Like 2

A mixture of reading and modelling supplies.

To read, this;

SAM_9000

A surprisingly easy read, I'm up to page 111 in what seems like a couple of hours.

Also these;

SAM_8999

more volumes in the 33 1/3 series of books on individual albums.

Rio and Avalon are well known to me as albums, and most Britmodellers will I am sure be aware of songs like Rio, Hungry like the wolf and Avalon itself. The third volume - on the Donna Summer album Once upon a time does demonstrate that the series isn't restricted to rock or pop/rock albums. In fact, one of the books coming out in the autumn is on Maria Callas' album "Lyric and colouratura arias" - alongside books on Computer World by Kraftwerk  and Live at the Harlem Square Club by Sam Cooke.There are now 157 of these books published, I have them all, but am missing  5 of the albums.

Modelling accessories were

SAM_8998

Yahu instrument panels for the Supermodel 1/72 Macci 205 and Fiat G 55, Kora resin wheels for the Macchi 205, as the little vinyl bagels you get with the kit look - well, like mini vinyl bagels!

And then these;

SAM_8997

seatbelt for the Macchi 205 and a set of generic Eduard Italian camouflage blotches, in case I get fed up trying to freehand them on the little collection of Italian planes I have (Macchi.C.205, Fiat G.55, Reggiani Re.2000 and Reggiani Re.2006)

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 4

Revell's rebox of the Dragon 1/72 Sea Vixen FAW 2 for a nice price off Ebay  I know it has it's faults, but I don't care, it's a Sea Vixen and will suffice since I don't see Airfix downscaling their version.  :D

• Like 4

#SorryNotsorry

y4mBOOTNqQFrZiY__k8ZbTNh__vjZzAUdTj38pQ-

PE for the two F-111 kits, mask set for the Hase/Hobby2000 P-40Ns.

The SushiFlugzeug is a set of LiftHere decals for Allied aircraft (USAAC P-40E, ML-KNIL B-339 and Hurricane IIB) captured by the Japanese and tested at Tachikawa.

The line-up of Spits must of course include the prototype.

A&A Models Lavochkin La-200B is one for the 'rare beasts' collection, and the Revell Cat was 50% off - can't pass that by!

@Ed Russell any news on the correction set for the Catalina?

• Like 5

Just a small one this time...

I had a batch of Airfix Flying Hours that I could use up totalling about 80 hours so looking at all the kits, sadly none of the series 7, 8 or 9 took my fancy (mainly as I had the majority of them....) so decided to go for a series 6 and a small series 1. Went for a Buccaneer S.2B (RAF) & P-51D Mustang both in 1/72. Cost me less than £7.00 for delivery within 3 working days (and in fact turned up the next working day - payment taken on Tuesday Lunchtime, goods sent out Tuesday afternoon, arrived Wednesday lunchtime!)

£35.50 worth of kits for just the cost of delivery. Bonus as I was going to be buying another Bucc at some point to use up some decals on a printscale sheet I have of 1/72 Buccs.

• Like 4

From The Aviation Historian

Subscription renewal time and the arrival this week of The Aviation Historian Issue 36 (anyone for a Victor K.2 ‘Wild Weasel’?)

From Mortons Media

Pre-ordered new release arrived Century Series Fighters – Service Markings From 1954 To 1988 by Mads Bangsø with over 150 excellent colour sideview profiles although with most being double-page spreads the overlap is slightly distracting

Via eBay

Foreign Invaders : The Douglas Invader In Foreign Military And US Clandestine Service by Dan Hagedorn and Leif Hellström published 1994 by Midland Publishing , as new unsold old stock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Des said:

(anyone for a Victor K.2 ‘Wild Weasel’?)

Sure.

I just need someone to replace the warhead on a BS in resin ARM bits now.. 

y4msZ3PxiYkEHYzY2ru6PKmb2TndOGb6iiSNMxHn

I was impressed enough with their MirageIIIC to also get this one. 

• Like 3

MUSTANG: A DOCUMENTARY HISTORY OF THE P-51 by Jeffery Ethell, from Abebooks. Bought on a whim, at first glance it looks fairly authoritive but 40 years since publication may well have showed stuff in it to be incorrect.

Steve 

• Like 2

After much delay sue to postal mis-direction I finally got my replacement air brush compressor. the pump died on my old one,

51318351174_a66eb0ba59_c.jpg

now I can get back to serious building and catch up on a lot of updates.

And Something that I've been saving for for a while.

51317834888_728777fc4c_c.jpg

I got tired of waiting for Elegoo  to make more Saturn's available. Larger build area tan the Saturns and on sale for a little bit more than a Saturn. So a Win-win. Puts a crimp in model purchases for a while. But by the same token, If my experimenting works I may be able to make a few subjects from resin that will never see the light of day in 48th scale. Big subjects so stay tuned..

• Like 5

A Zvezda 1/72 Su-25 and the Battle Of Britain Combat Archive 1 book for an absolute steal. I've wanted the BoB series for a while, but the price has always deterred me. At least I've made a start on it now.

• Julien locked this topic