What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

A mixture of reading and modelling supplies.

To read, this;

SAM_9000

A surprisingly easy read, I'm up to page 111 in what seems like a couple of hours.

Also these;

SAM_8999

more volumes in the 33 1/3 series of books on individual albums.

Rio and Avalon are well known to me as albums, and most Britmodellers will I am sure be aware of songs like Rio, Hungry like the wolf and Avalon itself. The third volume - on the Donna Summer album Once upon a time does demonstrate that the series isn't restricted to rock or pop/rock albums. In fact, one of the books coming out in the autumn is on Maria Callas' album "Lyric and colouratura arias" - alongside books on Computer World by Kraftwerk  and Live at the Harlem Square Club by Sam Cooke.There are now 157 of these books published, I have them all, but am missing  5 of the albums.

Modelling accessories were

SAM_8998

Yahu instrument panels for the Supermodel 1/72 Macci 205 and Fiat G 55, Kora resin wheels for the Macchi 205, as the little vinyl bagels you get with the kit look - well, like mini vinyl bagels!

And then these;

SAM_8997

seatbelt for the Macchi 205 and a set of generic Eduard Italian camouflage blotches, in case I get fed up trying to freehand them on the little collection of Italian planes I have (Macchi.C.205, Fiat G.55, Reggiani Re.2000 and Reggiani Re.2006)

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 4

Revell's rebox of the Dragon 1/72 Sea Vixen FAW 2 for a nice price off Ebay  I know it has it's faults, but I don't care, it's a Sea Vixen and will suffice since I don't see Airfix downscaling their version.  :D

• Like 4

#SorryNotsorry

y4mBOOTNqQFrZiY__k8ZbTNh__vjZzAUdTj38pQ-

PE for the two F-111 kits, mask set for the Hase/Hobby2000 P-40Ns.

The SushiFlugzeug is a set of LiftHere decals for Allied aircraft (USAAC P-40E, ML-KNIL B-339 and Hurricane IIB) captured by the Japanese and tested at Tachikawa.

The line-up of Spits must of course include the prototype.

A&A Models Lavochkin La-200B is one for the 'rare beasts' collection, and the Revell Cat was 50% off - can't pass that by!

@Ed Russell any news on the correction set for the Catalina?

• Like 5

Just a small one this time...

I had a batch of Airfix Flying Hours that I could use up totalling about 80 hours so looking at all the kits, sadly none of the series 7, 8 or 9 took my fancy (mainly as I had the majority of them....) so decided to go for a series 6 and a small series 1. Went for a Buccaneer S.2B (RAF) & P-51D Mustang both in 1/72. Cost me less than £7.00 for delivery within 3 working days (and in fact turned up the next working day - payment taken on Tuesday Lunchtime, goods sent out Tuesday afternoon, arrived Wednesday lunchtime!)

£35.50 worth of kits for just the cost of delivery. Bonus as I was going to be buying another Bucc at some point to use up some decals on a printscale sheet I have of 1/72 Buccs.

• Like 4

From The Aviation Historian

Subscription renewal time and the arrival this week of The Aviation Historian Issue 36 (anyone for a Victor K.2 ‘Wild Weasel’?)

From Mortons Media

Pre-ordered new release arrived Century Series Fighters – Service Markings From 1954 To 1988 by Mads Bangsø with over 150 excellent colour sideview profiles although with most being double-page spreads the overlap is slightly distracting

Via eBay

Foreign Invaders : The Douglas Invader In Foreign Military And US Clandestine Service by Dan Hagedorn and Leif Hellström published 1994 by Midland Publishing , as new unsold old stock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Des said:

(anyone for a Victor K.2 ‘Wild Weasel’?)

Sure.

I just need someone to replace the warhead on a BS in resin ARM bits now.. 

y4msZ3PxiYkEHYzY2ru6PKmb2TndOGb6iiSNMxHn

I was impressed enough with their MirageIIIC to also get this one. 

• Like 3

MUSTANG: A DOCUMENTARY HISTORY OF THE P-51 by Jeffery Ethell, from Abebooks. Bought on a whim, at first glance it looks fairly authoritive but 40 years since publication may well have showed stuff in it to be incorrect.

Steve 

• Like 2

After much delay sue to postal mis-direction I finally got my replacement air brush compressor. the pump died on my old one,

51318351174_a66eb0ba59_c.jpg

now I can get back to serious building and catch up on a lot of updates.

And Something that I've been saving for for a while.

51317834888_728777fc4c_c.jpg

I got tired of waiting for Elegoo  to make more Saturn's available. Larger build area tan the Saturns and on sale for a little bit more than a Saturn. So a Win-win. Puts a crimp in model purchases for a while. But by the same token, If my experimenting works I may be able to make a few subjects from resin that will never see the light of day in 48th scale. Big subjects so stay tuned..

• Like 5

A Dillon Model Xl750 progressive reloading press, which allows me to make working 1:1 scale rounds of ammunition in quite a short period of time. 

More importantly:

The Eduard Adlerangriff 1/72 109 set from MJW

Battle of Britain Combat Archives 8-10 from Wing Leader / Red Kite Press

• Like 5

A Heller  SNCASE SE.535 Mistral from Hattons, after reading through the thread on the Airfix 1/48th Vampire & discussions about other variants, I discovered a need & figured this would scratch it rather than hunting around for a Special Hobby one, also a Aeroclub Lancaster II conversion set (always handy to have some spare Bristol Hercules ) & some older decals from the local auction site, including a Modeldecal sheet for Bulldogs, Furys, Siskins & Gladiator,

Steve.

• Like 4