What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

Here's the pics of all my recent buys.

The Typhoon is courtesy of Airfix and as an Airfix Club member received a 25% discount in their recent mailing to all club members (and got the boxing with the extra marking option for my trouble 😃)

Decided to buy a Kitty Hawk FJ-3 from Hannants, to go along with the other KH kits I have in the stash, and the Hobby Boss FJ-4 I have already on display (and the Italeri FJ-2/3). And also a load of masking, both canopy and camouflage to make life that little bit easier when it comes to camouflage patterns on WWII aircraft (one aspect of painting I actually do not like!)

The Hellcat book I picked up off Dorchester market for £3!

spacer.png

(The arms belong to the wife who wanted to make sure I knew she was still around in the picture... 😆)

• Like 11

A nice, glossy coat, thanks to me somehow managing to rupture a full 400ml spraycan of gloss varnish. It emptied itself in around thirty seconds in which time I probably managed to contain it as best as I could, given the limited options available to me.

I'm still venting the workshop over an hour later.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

A nice, glossy coat, thanks to me somehow managing to rupture a full 400ml spraycan of gloss varnish. It emptied itself in around thirty seconds in which time I probably managed to contain it as best as I could, given the limited options available to me.

I'm still venting the workshop over an hour later.

I'd like to gloss over the situation, but I suppose somethings do matter more!

• Haha 4

One Airfix Vulcan duly arrived. As yet miraculously still unfondled as been really busy. Had the odd thought to build both Vulcan and Victor together if only to prove to myself that the Victor really is the better looking of the two albeit by a single point

runs for cover……..:P

• Like 3

A copy of Vulcan 607 from a charity shop in Gainsborough. 50p.

It's been some time since I last read it, so it deserves another go.

(The actual Aircraft still resides by the A15 at Waddington)

• Like 3

Some resin replacement gun barrels for my Airfix B-17G. Not the sort of thing that I would normally buy, but the kit ones do look a bit on the big side. The barrels I bought are actually for the Hasegawa kit, but I can't see how it would matter really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I seem to have purchased a collection of empty beer bottles this afternoon 

Pre-empty or now-empty?

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I seem to have purchased a collection of empty beer bottles this afternoon 

Funny that so did i,i'll have to e-mail San Miguel and let them know they might have a problem at the brewery....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seem to have had a bit of a splurge this past month;

Esci 1/72 AC-47 Spooky

Monogram 1/72 HU-16 Albatross

Matchbox 1/72 UC-64 Norseman

Airfix 1/72 Cessna O-1 Bird Dog (tiny kit, but looks nice especially for £6).

Model Collect 1/72 MAN 1014 with BGM 109 Gryphon GLCM (most expensive kit I've ever bought, and will be my first with photo etch, as the kit has a small sprue of it).

Academy 1/72 M3A1 half track with Ford GPA amphibious Jeep

Hasegawa 1/72 US pilot and ground crew set, as I wanted another of the Chevrolet flight crew vans.

The stash grows ever more! Just as well plastic doesn't have a best before date!!

• Like 4

To go with my latest purchases I splashed out for the following.

For the Infinity 1/32 scale Helldiver

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And for the 1/32 Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

On 03/07/2021 at 18:08, alt-92 said:

Some PR.IV Spit decals and spare vacform canopies. 

Revells 1/72 F-104G and a Printscale decal sheet for MarineFlieger markings

And these:

y4m3wSh45Tj6GnmmU4od3G2N03hOT0CymyuCvES4

Surprised with the size of the La-5 - it's tiny! 

The RBF has two nice looking camo schemes, and the Dutch Profile H-75 book has some remarkable info inside I did not expect to see. 

Oh, and of course the profiles probably will result in a Dutch Decal sheet soon I expect..

The Hawk book is an excellent source of information - I've got a couple of ML-KNIL Hawks lined up on the back of it! Looking forward to the Buffalo title in the same series.

Cheers,

Mark

Most of my recent acquisitions have been a bit random (for me) and consist of a Handley Page Victor B Mk.2 (Blue Steel), a Victor K.2, a new tool Avro Vulcan B.2, and a Beaufighter TF.10 (that makes four!), all Airfix and 1/72 of course. The Eduard Special Edition "Desert Babes" Tornado GR.1 turned up today, and I've also had a selection of vintage Heller kits this week from a fellow BM-er.

Its all getting a bit out of hand, especially as I've ordered an Airfix Beaufort now.....I need to get some Hurricanes ordered and try to reclaim a little sanity :mental:

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Its all getting a bit out of hand, especially as I've ordered an Airfix Beaufort now.....I need to get some Hurricanes ordered and try to reclaim a little sanity :mental:

y4m5DaccmwbAPWrY1Y55b4pLriggZfG2-i8VcanD

• Haha 4

Went to a local used bookstore, Once Read Books. Always gua-ran-teed to offer something I need.

The Flying Wings of Jack Northrup by Garry R. Pape

Aeroguilde 15, Intruder by Roger Chesneau

Colors & Markings 5, Colors and Markings of the A-6 Intruder, Bert Kinzey and Ray Leader

Gunships, A Pictorial History of Spooky, by Larry Davis

The Art Chester Story, by John W. Caler

Fifth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

Twelfth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

Fifteenth Air Force Story, by Kenn C. Rust

• Like 3

I'm still under my kit-buying moratorium until the end of the month (which will make it ten weeks without buying a kit!) so I'm beginning to rattle a bit.  However, in order to stave off the spiders I bought  a set of canopy / ident code masks, hedgehog exhausts and propellers in resin and a set of the dreaded PE seatbelts for my Bristol Aeroplane Company GB Beaufighter and six sets of Bf109E gun barrels, three each in 1/72 and 1/48.

Of course, there's a not inconsiderable list of kits that I might buy once July is out.

• Like 2