What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

An Italeri 1/72 P-38J off eBay for just under £15 posted, which is a bit of a bargain. Model Hobbies (love 'em or loathe 'em) are doing another of their cheapy listings and there were five left as I type this.

I was going to pass, thinking it to be the Dragon kit, but comparing the sprues on the Italeri website to those of the Academy kit and they look identical to me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

An Italeri 1/72 P-38J off eBay for just under £15 posted, which is a bit of a bargain. Model Hobbies (love 'em or loathe 'em) are doing another of their cheapy listings and there were five left as I type this.

I was going to pass, thinking it to be the Dragon kit, but comparing the sprues on the Italeri website to those of the Academy kit and they look identical to me.

Indeed it is, tempted to get one myself though the scheme that caught my eye (the blue and black one) is another case of Italeri taking a B/W photo and coming up with fictional colours 

Just arrived today, a GWH 1/144 Victor B.2 for a most amazing price from Mustang Hobbies:penguin:

This is even sweeter given some of the eye watering prices on ebay...

Last week I also received Techmod's 1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat decal set, which include markings for McCampbell's Minsi III.

From ebay...

Amusing Hobby FV4005 which is the Centurion chassis with the stonking huge turret and 183mm gun, because it was very cheap and its a bit quirky! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Duncan B said:

A new computer, my old one died and left me in the lurch!

Bummer ,  had that happen with my last one completely out of the blue and lost a lot of irreplaceable material because I was not too disciplined with my backing up.

Current tower has reached the age that its predecessor suddenly keeled over and died at so a friend has my specs and is researching its upcoming replacement and I am backing everything up to an external hard drive daily.       Could get the replacement right now but I am well overdue on a project and don't want to lose any more time installing and tweaking the replacement until that is submitted.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Des said:

Bummer ,  had that happen with my last one completely out of the blue and lost a lot of irreplaceable material because I was not too disciplined with my backing up.

Current tower has reached the age that its predecessor suddenly keeled over and died at so a friend has my specs and is researching its upcoming replacement and I am backing everything up to an external hard drive daily.       Could get the replacement right now but I am well overdue on a project and don't want to lose any more time installing and tweaking the replacement until that is submitted.

I lost some recent photos because my back-up disc had recently stopped talking to my old computer (strangely it is happily talking away to this new one!). The thing that annoys me the most though is that all my music, from CDs that I had transferred into iTunes over the years, has been 'lost' because the new computer has a new version of iTunes that doesn't seem to have the ability to transfer my own music collection onto it. I have it all on my iPhone but I am now too scared to link my phone to the computer in case it wipes all my music from my phone.

Anyhow, if the above was the most of my worries from a computer failure then I shouldn't grumble as it could have been a lot worse.

Duncan B

• Like 1

A Special Hobby T.Mk.7 kit, it was the Belgian decals that did it, it'll make a nice companion to the T.Mk.7.5 that I aim to convert from a MPM T. Mk 7 & the spare tail from a SH PR. Mk 10 kit & donated decals from the SH T.Mk 7.5 kit. (I think that makes sense, just been around to the local bar for a couple of pints of Hazy IPA with my youngest. :) )  Also a copy of the Squadron book A-7 Corsair II in Action from Abebooks.

Steve.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

A Special Hobby T.Mk.7 kit, it was the Belgian decals that did it, it'll make a nice companion to the T.Mk.7.5 that I aim to convert from a MPM T. Mk 7 & the spare tail from a SH PR. Mk 10 kit & donated decals from the SH T.Mk 7.5 kit. (I think that makes sense, just been around t the local bar for a couple of pints of Hazy IPA with my youngest. :) )  Also a copy of the Squadron book A-7 Corsair II in Action from Abebooks.

Steve.

Steve,

Is the SH Meteor T. 7 based on the recent Night Fighter models or is it a repop of the earlier T. 7 with the thick outer wings?

Another one from ebay. This time a Cyber Hobby M4A4 with US Tank crew. Mrs fatfingers says i have a Sherman obsession to which i have no defence against! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Three books (hardbacks)..

The Last Fighting Tommy: The Life of Harry Patch 1898-2009 - Harry Patch with Richard Van Emden...

Hell in the Pacific: From Pearl Harbour to Hiroshima and Beyond - Jonathan Lewis Ben Steele....

Dive Dive Dive: Submarines at War - Michael Gunton....

(The Last Fighting Tommy is definately my next read)...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

From Hannants, a bit of an odd one.

Not the items purchased, but I somehow seemed to drop onto free postage, whhe n I only spent £20, not sure how that happened!

Also, the confirmation email from Hannants said it had been despatcched, but I never received a tracking number. Still, it arrived safe and sound today so I'm not complaining, just a little puzzled about the circumstances mentined above.

Anyway, I ordered these ;

SAM_8996

A bit of a cheat, but I saw the smoke ring decals and thought - why not? Let's have a go with them o the MC 205 kit I have.

And the yahu seat belts; I've been impressed with the Eduard brass/steel seat belts, so seeing these while browsing Yahu's excellent instrument panels I again thought - let's give them a go! So seatbelts for Japanese Army and Navy, US and RAF WW2 planes.  Hopefully they'll be as good to use as the Eduard ones.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

but I somehow seemed to drop onto free postage, whhe n I only spent £20, not sure how that happened!

They normally do free post on decals, masks and p.e, parts etc if that's all that's in your order.... :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

I quite often only order masking sheets or decals and then its usually free as it's letter sized (so fits through the letter box). Once it gets to parcel sized, that's when they start charging for postage!

• Thanks 1

Just got back from Halifax Modellers World and sitting enjoying my latest purchases along with a lunch of cream cheese and dates sandwiches, on seeded wholemeal bread (a delicacy I inherited from my father, I think it was a wartime thing). 

The kits are a pre-ordered Vulcan and Kora Fairey Seal 'On the aircraft carriers'. Both nice looking kits in their own ways. 

• Like 2

Feeling a bit let down, popped to my local to for a modelling treat to get anything within reason, knew it was one in a million they had the new Vulcan in but still though I might get something but nope left with a 1/144 Revell f-16. Silver lining least if I do fall victim to a Vulcan online it won’t be as severe a dent 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

On holiday in Dorset at the moment. So whenever I'm down here, I always try to call into the local stores that I know that do models, to try and support them (especially at the moment considering what the last 15 months or so have been like for a lot of stores.

I've been to 4 or 5 and acquired quite a little stash both from my pittance and courtesy of the wife. Mainly Airfix as that seems to be the main stock in trade, but also Italeri, and an Academy.

(If I remember which ones - Howleys in Weymouth & Dorcester, Frank Herring & sons (art supplies) in Dorchester, Setchfields in Poole, & Johns toys in Swanage - the last one only has a small stock, but has a nice little range of Airfix & Revell)

(I'll get pics when home and better connection)

(in 1/48)

Airfix Spitfire Vb & FR XIV, Tomahawk II, Junkers JU-87R2/B2, Gnat T1

Academy T33A

Italeri FJ2/FJ3 Fury

In 1/72

Airfix Vampire T11/J-28c, Mig-17F

And tomorrow on the way home, we will be stopping off in Salisbury as one of our breaks (and I've been promised I can go to the Salisbury Model Centre if I'm a good boy.......!)

• Like 6

Some PR.IV Spit decals and spare vacform canopies. 

Revells 1/72 F-104G and a Printscale decal sheet for MarineFlieger markings

And these:

y4m3wSh45Tj6GnmmU4od3G2N03hOT0CymyuCvES4

Surprised with the size of the La-5 - it's tiny! 

The RBF has two nice looking camo schemes, and the Dutch Profile H-75 book has some remarkable info inside I did not expect to see. 

Oh, and of course the profiles probably will result in a Dutch Decal sheet soon I expect..

• Like 4

On 7/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, treker_ed said:

And tomorrow on the way home, we will be stopping off in Salisbury as one of our breaks (and I've been promised I can go to the Salisbury Model Centre if I'm a good boy.......!)

I was a good boy...

I was allowed to buy a Kinetic Pucara!

I have a delivery due on Monday from Hannants, and also from Airfix, so once these have arrived, and I've sorted them out, I'll post some pictures of all the recent purchases!

• Like 3

From Hannants

Some back-ordered Syhart Decals that came into stock at the end of last week and were delivered this week

48-915V2 - Rafale B/C/M ‘Armée de l’Air’ et ‘Marine’ (edition 2020) Standard Markings updated from the 2013 release with more recent unit markings added to the existing comprehensive coverage plus full airframe and stores stencilling along with a set of walkway masks

48-915S - French Rafale B/C/M Standard Stencils full set of airframe/pylons/drop tank stencils only from 48-915V2 above plus a set of walkway masks

48-916 – French Rafale B/C/M  Weapons Markings full set of weapon and sensor pod stencils only from 48-915V2 above

• Like 1