What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

y4mPb957jgIOk1f9korLHGS3KgwEwJwi_rWJXSZG

1 nearly complete RF-4C \o/
just one of the flash bomb ejector doors and two pylons missing and I have spares for those - oh and no decals, but those won't work properly anyways :P 

The Iliad decal sheet is Indian Spits including the short-lived blue Chakra roundels for a Mk.XIV. 

The Matchbox/Revell rebox of the Pioneer T.20 looks a lot better than the recent PM version I checked out.  Yes it's WG655.

• Like 7

On 03/12/2021 at 21:18, MrB17 said:

The Bat Project 1/72 Boeing 307 Stratoliner in PAA liveries. I plan on doing it in bare metal foil, after I give it the Radu rivet treatment.

Also, being a sucker for punishment, the AirFIX 1/72 Shackleton AEW.2, again filling the trenches and putting all those 10,000 rivets flying in formation with Radu’s rivet wheels. I did have the Revell kit, but drilled out rivets aren’t my cup of tea. I have been practicing on an old AirFIX P-61 (black plastic shows them well) I sanded off the golf balls beforehand.
I don’t think RB productions sells them any longer, but I believe the “Rosie the Riveter” tools are the same wheels with a custom wooden handle. They are considerably more expensive, but you can get double and triple row wheels as well. If anyone has a line on less expensive rivet wheels of the same calibre, I would like to know. If you haven’t used these wheels, they are extremely fine and are not a simple pounce wheel, huge difference.

Jeff

For you info those Rosie riveters aren’t in production any longer, the owner/producer Peter Dousek passed away not a long time ago.

quote info from the Aviationmegastore (We have just found out last night that the owner of this famous brand has passed away last week. End of sale. We had a big order sent to him in February and confirmed date of delivery was initially set on end of April. Unfortunately, this will never happen now :-(() )quote

Anyway nice project that BAT 307, got the same kit slash idea 😁

cheers, Jan

• Thanks 1

Following the review of Vol 2 by our glorious leader @Mike i decided to get it and Vol 1.

p?i=06afabed5eaff77d866cf45174a1ab7d

Got them from Panzerwrecks and they are by far the best protected books i've had delivered. Inside a stout card book sleeve and wrapped in 6ft of bubble wrap! Delivered by DHL and the postage was just over 3 quid 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 7

16 hours ago, janneman36 said:

For you info those Rosie riveters aren’t in production any longer, the owner/producer Peter Dousek passed away not a long time ago.

quote info from the Aviationmegastore (We have just found out last night that the owner of this famous brand has passed away last week. End of sale. We had a big order sent to him in February and confirmed date of delivery was initially set on end of April. Unfortunately, this will never happen now :-(() )quote

Anyway nice project that BAT 307, got the same kit slash idea 😁

cheers, Jan

UMM-USA still has stock on Rosie the Riveter tools, some have sold out, mostly the single wheels in smaller scales. However there are double and triple wheel sets and I’m pretty sure you could carefully separate the individual wheels. Excellent array of tools for scratch builders and serious modellers, as well as esoteric multi media kits. I grabbed a few more Rosie wheel sets there are other riveting wheels out there, but not to the same fine standards as Peter’s wheels. It’s like comparing a Rolls-Royce to a Chevy Vega. Get them while you can!

Jeff

• Like 2

A trio of 1/72!hobbyboss kits on eBay, p-51 at auction and f-86/84 from well known vendor of little dubious reputation, never has a problem with them myself via eBay but little concerned about the delivery time quoted not least as the f-84s for the ranger gb that ends Boxing Day……hopefully arrives quickly so I can crack on 

• Like 1

spacer.png

I have been on the hunt for one of these for a little while - this is going to be built as 157 squadron RAF Upper Heyford which is a few miles from where I grew up and incidentally one of the bases that some F-111's were stationed which absolutely terrorised me as a small child! 

I am planning on cramming as much after-market resin into this piece as possible!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jered said:

Upper Heyford which is a few miles from where I grew up and incidentally one of the bases that some F-111's were stationed which absolutely terrorised me as a small child! 

I lived in Banbury from 1980 to 1984 and can truthfully say I was never so scared by an aeroplane as by an F 111 that flew directly at me as I breasted the brow of a hill near Upper Heyford on my way home to Banbury. 

Did you see the flight of B 52's that flew into Upper Heyford - I think it was 1983 - for a few days?

They flew over our estate - where a lot of USAF personnel lived at the time - about 6pm one summer's evening.  I think there were 4, and my goodness, were they loud!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Whofan said:

I lived in Banbury from 1980 to 1984 and can truthfully say I was never so scared by an aeroplane as by an F 111 that flew directly at me as I breasted the brow of a hill near Upper Heyford on my way home to Banbury. 

Did you see the flight of B 52's that flew into Upper Heyford - I think it was 1983 - for a few days?

They flew over our estate - where a lot of USAF personnel lived at the time - about 6pm one summer's evening.  I think there were 4, and my goodness, were they loud!

A few years before my time sadly - I'll bet that it was an extraordinary sight though!

• Like 1

A trip to Halifax Modellers World netted a kit I had ordered in the shape of the JMSDF boxing of the SovaM UF2 Albatross. I have some RCAF decals for it and despite the wrong engine nacelles it looks miles better than the Monogram kit form way back when. Also has masks and PE which takes the sting out of the price a bit. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jered said:

I am planning on cramming as much after-market resin into this piece as possible!

Beautiful kit. I have the B.IV and FB.VI.  Honestly, I don't think it needs all that much....

--

Finally received from Kingkit: 2ndhand Airfix Series 2 Gloster Meteor III and a Heller F-94B Starfire. 

Counts as import nowadays, so a total 4 weeks from door to door. Meh.

And this lot.
There's an overtree F4F in the box as well.  Happy to have run into the Falklands boxing, as they're not in the current line-up. Esci Shar and a Wessex, yum.

y4mA4S4RLrJZRb5rhVqKIA82tB7mgun82dRUrtEL

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jered said:

A few years before my time sadly - I'll bet that it was an extraordinary sight though!

Aye, it was that.

As I came over the top of the hill this damn great F -111 was straight in my sight line - it looked to be a couple of feet above my car roof though it must have been at least  100 feet high - and it thundered right over me. I hate to think what would have happened if he had been just a couple of feet above me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Aye, it was that.

As I came over the top of the hill this damn great F -111 was straight in my sight line - it looked to be a couple of feet above my car roof though it must have been at least  100 feet high - and it thundered right over me. I hate to think what would have happened if he had been just a couple of feet above me!

Did you leave a stain on the seat?

Chris

• Haha 3

Considering the sudden influx of Harriers lately, had to go in and pick up some accoutrements - seats, pitots, internal gubbins and some proper BL755s.

How that Viggen got in there? No idea ;)

y4mnq9uPYjwsTRC32QHaZw1Td42SYtuWuBnzW9tr

And nearly forgot I had ordered these a while back - but apparently foresighted enough to fit the theme:
Aztec decals for.... Harriers :P Oh and some Mossie bits. All via Blackbird Models. 

y4m8dt0wPyR7Fiu173fpi03r1V2Q774CqhqLj85L

• Like 3

Italeri sabre that I hoped I could use a part for a repair (and get a replacement from italeri) but seems unlikely italeri have the spares as the parts are sealed by fujimi. Still least I have a nice kit. Also a built airfix spitfire on eBay, not entirely sure why I bid on it but oh well guess that’s another entry for my spitfire kuta thread. 

• Like 1

From World Of Books

Star Wars – Complete Vehicles – Incredible Cross-Sections Of The Spaceships And Craft From The Star Wars Galaxy , by Kerry Dougherty , published 2013 by DK , I wanted a cutaway reference for a project I have in mind and at £3.99 with free shipping this large-format 208 page book did the trick , with 33 still available and from its condition I suspect that it is remaindered stock rather than pre-owned.

From Military Books York

F-105 Thunderchiefs: A 29-year Illustrated Operational History , by W. Howard Plunkett , published 2008 by McFarland , wasn’t aware of this title until I saw it recommended in a posting here last week so bought it to add to the Schiffer , Speciality Press and McGraw-Hill heavyweights among the others on my F-105 book pile, interesting take on the subject with a type history and then very detailed service and preservation histories of surviving airframes with photos of each as displayed/stored.

From Hannants

Some decals for kits already in the pile.

Techmod 48079 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX With Polish Squadrons , includes masks

Eduard D48083-OBT1 1/48 Sukhoi Su-7 Stencils

Model Alliance MAS729046 1/72 HS/BAE Nimrod Stencil Data Set Part IV : R.1 Grey Scheme

From Amazon

Images Of War – The English Electric Lightning , by Martin W. Bowman , published 2019 by Pen & Sword , can there ever be too many Lightning books?

No obviously , but sometimes you cannot get them in print form so English Electric Lightning (Flightcraft No.11) , by Martin Derry and Neil Robinson , published 2016 by Pen & Sword downloaded in Kindle form after my third attempt to buy hardcopy this year failed , first two pre-owned copies were ordered and refunded because they were no longer present when the sellers went to pack them and the third was shipped but has been eaten by Royal Mail , so just under £5 for the electronic version but hopefully I will find a print copy one day.