What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

5 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

I may change my mind as I exhaust my supply of Mr. Surfacer and grow weary of sanding...

That's why my Italeri Sunderland has been entombed in its box of shame for years..... :(

Wishing you more stamina than me Bill....!! :)

Keith 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Wishing you more stamina than me Bill....!! :)

Thanks, I may need it. Remember what I managed to get out of the old Revell B-24 kit from 1965? If I could pull that one off, I should be able to handle the Stirling.    :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Famous last words!

• Like 2

Forgot to mention this at the time.... 

As part of my Telford weekend, I placed an order on Friday direct with Airfix.

Earlier in the year, I had a couple of horrendous deliveries from Airfix courtesy of Hermes. The parcels arrived looking like they had been playing football with them! The first was not a small one either, it was a 1/24 Typhoon that was on offer as part of a special deal for Airfix Club members. The second delivery was when Airfix announced the 10% price increase, I decided to buy a Vulcan a few days before the price rises went live. Again this parcel arrived damaged. Thankfully, neither parcels contents had been damaged, but the cardboard outers, and the boxes the models were in, were definitely a little bit bashed about! As an apology Airfix gave me a 20% off code to be used inside of 12 months. 

I decided to treat myself to the 1/48 Vampire, 1/72 Valiant reissue, and a 1/72 Wellington Mk II. I had wished to avoid Hermes, but the damned system would not let me select express delivery (which is via DPD) and resolutely stuck to standard (ie free) delivery. Even a phone call to Airfix Customer Services did not resolve the issue, as sadly once in their system, the delivery method cannot be changed! 

(As an anecdote to this - another reason for avoiding Hermes in the area I live, we have had a few parcels cut open, and the contents removed on the doorstep. Yet, the delivery photo appears to have been taken of an intact parcel. But on close examination, you can see a small tear on the edge of the parcel in the photo. The recipients have tried reporting to Hermes, but their contact pages and contact information is useless to say the least, but it has also been reported to the police and the original senders. Allegedly Airfix have had a number of complaints about Hermes and may be a case of watch this space....)

Another dvd haul from the charity shop..

Top Gear : Perfect Roadtrip 1+ 2.

""      ""    : Greatest Hits.

""      ""    : Apocalypse.

"        "     : Uncovered...

Clarkson...

Duel.

Supercar Showdown.

Thriller.

Powered Up.

From the Works in Buxton, a book called 'The Ultimate Spitfires' about the Griffon Spitfires and Spiteful family. Most of the photos look familiar, but it looks an interesting book about a relatively neglected part of the Spitfire. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 3

This evening I bought a resin conversion from Themodelcarchannelstore to convert my Fujimi Ferrari 330 P4 kit into a Spyder as raced by the 1st & 2nd cars at the 1967 Dayton 24 hours race. A bit spendy, a fair bit of that being postage from USA & no doubt it'll get here & I'll think "I could have scratched all that", but, 'tis done now. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Potato Pete said:

A large sack of peanuts to keep the birds happy

Ah, that's nice. I spend quite a bit on my fussy birds - they're currently turning their beaks up at the big bag of cheap seed I bought them, preferring a more expensive luxury brand.

I'm hoping that in return they'll all chip in this Christmas to buy me a plastic kit. We'll see.. 🐦🐥

• Haha 3

A trip to Halifax Modellers World yesterday to pick up a pre ordered KP Sopwith Dolphin. Whilst I was there, I succumbed to the 1/72nd Dora Wings P43 Lancer. I fancy converting it to one of the reconnaissance aircraft flown by the RAAF. I am pretty sure I have the bits left over from the Pavla kit that came to sticky end before I got round to using them. 

1 hour ago, IanC said:

I'm hoping that in return they'll all chip in this Christmas to buy me a plastic kit. We'll see.. 🐦🐥

I've spent a fortune feeding the little blighters for years - they've never even got me a tangerine....!! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 5

Goodies!

SH's Telford/BF sale, and a Hannant's order.

All items on discount except for the B-25 decal sheet (but that has two ex-MLD Mitchells, so who cares :P ).  

y4mKPHfVEn9qiqtAFVC_xxuXlaoSwRB_eNJcBbLS

• Like 4