What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

26 minutes ago, rugbyfan said:

i got this yesterday, I always wanted to model them since I read the book. And here they are.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kits-world-kw172054-b-17f-flying-fortress--240425

You might like a look (and listening) at THIS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From SMW, a second hand Italeri (ex Esci) Sea Harrier FRS1 in 1/72nd. It was £10 and still sealed. 

An LF Dragonfly to build an RAF one to with my Whirlykits Navy one. 

Two KP Spitfire 1s and  one Alpha Jet in Qinetiq markings. 

Some books that will appear at Christmas and a Gyrocutter Pro, that might help me do some masking better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PattheCat said:

An opportuny I jumped on straight away.

Dragon's new reboxing of Trimaster 1/48 Ta152H-1. Last availability before was around 10 years ago I think

spacer.png

Man, where did you find that?!  I spent hours looking for one yesterday!

31 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Man, where did you find that?!  I spent hours looking for one yesterday!

Still 8 in stock where I bought it (here in Belgium). Incredible luck as I have been searching everywhere (France, Germany, Poland .....).

I PM the link to you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PattheCat said:

Still 8 in stock where I bought it (here in Belgium). Incredible luck as I have been searching everywhere (France, Germany, Poland .....).

I PM the link to you.

Hi Pat, thanks very much!

2 hours ago, PattheCat said:

You might like a look (and listening) at THIS

3 hours ago, rugbyfan said:

i got this yesterday, I always wanted to model them since I read the book. And here they are.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kits-world-kw172054-b-17f-flying-fortress--240425

Its a great book and story as well as a piece of History, the music video is impressive and thanks for linking it. 

• Thanks 1

From Southern-Sky Models in Perth, via ebay, a Smer Hurricane IV Hitec kit. Price was good, postage is good. Not maybe the best Hurricane kit these days but then again, I might just have been lured by the promise of a resin armoured radiator.

Steve.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Too many bits and pieces from Telford...

And yet surprisingly under the budget that I had set myself 😁. I'll take pics and list once I get home, but paints, tools, 7 or 8 kits, books, several of the new Phoenix publications items, and other bits and bobs. 

Reduced show for 2021, but I don't think it suffered as a result of it. Well done to the IPMS EC on the show organisation.

Here's my haul from Telford:

spacer.png

Managed to bag a few of the Phoenix Publications titles (including the last copy of the F3H Demon bookazine!) Not too much from the big H this time, but quantity made by quality (😊) , some masking, and pe, the new Airfix Wellington, Eduard Spitfire V "The Sweeps", and something a little different  - Victory 357 Ekranoplan from AMP/Mikro Mir in Ukraine. Saw a build in October SAM and quite liked the look of it and decided to get one.  Really nice little kit, decent mouldings, refined panels, and simple little build. Plus chance to get a little sci-fi (ish) what if build done for our club competition in a couple of months. Don't normally do this, so something out of the ordinary, plus I have hundreds of spare decals that I could use in place of the diddy decals supplied in the kit. F-4J from Wonderland Models, along with some essential decal solution. More metallic paints from Model Inspirations (formally Model Innovations) , and then several other bits and bobs. Paint brushes, micro drills, new 0.35 nozzle for my airbrush, cleaning brushes, sanders from Ultimate Modelling, books from Valiant Wings, and a laptop/instruction stand from EBMA. Cannot recommend their products enough. If you need any storage for paints, tools, etc, just have a look at their website. https://www.ebmahobby.co.uk/

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just received this one more than an year after I ordered. Always out of stock it seems... I'm in love! Should I open the box? Noooo I cannn't. No way! Should I?

20211115-135917.jpg

Nah better not! It will let the to the dark side... 🤣

Cheers

LM

• Like 4

Oh, and a few decal sheets. Two are Xtradecal (Sky code numbers & yellow prototype markings and US stars’n’bars) plus a sheet of Ventura grey serial numbers and letters. 1/72, fo’ rizzle.

Does anyone know of a source of those small US stars & bars which didn’t have the blue surround on the bars? Apart from a long out of production Modeldecal sheet, I’m not aware of any.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, Vince1159 said:

A couple of 1/250 SAA/SAL 747's,stops them going into landfill...

JAL Super Resort Express (Okinawa/Hummingbird)...

Just picked up a Highland Express 747 in 1/250,they're only Wooster and not that brilliant but they're dirt cheap...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Another order from Sovereign Hobbies for some Colourcoats paints and a bottle of thinners. This is one case where I firmly believe the extra cost of the branded thinners is worth every penny.

I thoroughly agree; their thinners is what makes those paints so good, I reckon.