What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

Finally, the Airfix 1/48 Chipmunk was finally on the shelf at the LHS. Did Airfix invent a "new kit smell?"

Also, they got a massive re-stock of Mr Color! The entire rack was filled! :yahoo:

If you're a Mr Color fan, and you're in The OC, Brookhurst Hobbies, is fully stocked

Oh, and a copy of Phalanx's PZL Fighters Part 1, P.1 through P.8.

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

'Er Indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to buy dog and cat food.  Hmmmm....

Funny thing is 'er indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to get some kid stuff (for the grandson) ........... !

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

'Er Indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to buy dog and cat food. 

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

Funny thing is 'er indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to get some kid stuff

They may have this misconcieved idea that Aldi is a "safe" place, free from temptations for our kind.

I don't have a  local Aldi, so mine came by post. I do however have a local Lidl and they should be stocking some of these as well.

Now, what do we need to get from Lidl ......

Edited by psdavidson
s/out/our
  • Like 1

I took a punt on a set of microdrills from fleabay for £2.33... I didn't have high expectations so I'm not sure why I was surprised when I measured them and found that the 0.3 to 0.6mm drills were all 0.6mm diameters! They were all strangely ground flat across the end too. Pretty much useless sadly.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, psdavidson said:

p?i=ad140ce206cff30858154bc9f85ee7e9

Courtesy of Aldi

4 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

'Er Indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to buy dog and cat food.  Hmmmm....

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Funny thing is 'er indoors has asked me to go to Aldi tomorrow to get some kid stuff (for the grandson) ........... !

We have Aldis every few miles here in the U.S. but they don't carry models. I have to admit Im a wee bit jealous. 

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

We have Aldis every few miles here in the U.S. but they don't carry models. I have to admit Im a wee bit jealous. 

They only do it in the run-up to Christmas, and it's only starter sets, but they're usually five pounds, so not a bad way of getting hold of small kits cheaply.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Well, so much for my smugness.  Our local Aldi had the dog and cat food but there wasn't an Airfix kit to be seen, so the joke was on me.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Well, so much for my smugness.  Our local Aldi had the dog and cat food but there wasn't an Airfix kit to be seen, so the joke was on me.

I;m afraid the picture at our Aldi was baby bits and pieces yes, airfix kits no.

They can't have all gone in two days, surely?

• Like 1

Two (different) Freightdog sets for the new Airfix Mossie.

The import handling fee wasn't much, but the process from payment to delivery is.... less than optimal (3 weeks).

And bits of plastic to stick the erroneously picked 1/48 EagleCal Mossie decals on.  30€ including postage, not bad, good save - considering Tamiya re-used the schemes on the 1/72 one...

y4mw48L-cqCSY_37wmf_ln8MoiO69b8GJoKG2QnK

• Like 4

Finally made it my local, first visit in over 2 months so shouldn’t have been surprised what I was after had been sold or too expensive to bite (as it won’t be built soon as I had planned), but got a couple of paints and an mpm meteor, only done the one in 2016 about time I do another. 

3 hours ago, IanC said:

My latest is this fine looking beast. I really like Tamiya's latest generation of AFVs and their figures are much improved too. Should be good:

spacer.png

Built one of those a bit back. Tis a smashing kit 👍 Really need to finish it 🤔

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A Furball VF-111 Sundowners F-14 Anthology decal set. I'll be needing another couple of F-14 kits now. :)

Gosh, a couple of Hasegawas later tooling F-14 kits, of this boxing, have appeared into my HLJ private warehouse, now what sort of a coincidence is that. ;) :D 

Steve.

As George Carlin would say... "It's a Mystery"

• Haha 1