What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

I’ve been keeping an eye out for Airfix Wellingtons for a while now. I’d never managed to find one for anything approaching a decent price until today, when I received an offer on eBay. Now I have  a GR.VIII on its way. 
I understand it’s a pretty decent kit. 

• Like 4

On 10/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, 593jones said:

it has, however got several more very attractive schemes, so I think I will be acquiring more Beauforts.  Possibly an expensive purchase in the long run!

#meToo   (j/k)

So I figured I'd stock up beforehand, as Airfix deliveries are somewhat haphazard lately here.

--

Goodies.
Mask sets for the stash inhabitants, some MB schleudersitzen, Eduard/Gavia Lysander prop, Norwegian Spit decals, and  - especially convenient considering the upcoming Special Hobby P-36 announcement - ArtScale Decals for said type. 
The 139WH book for the Azur kit, and finally an extra F-86 that comes with the low-back P-47.

y4mQghnG80j-rZeUBFwWK5f0mcF7UYsQPjyhDcvl

• Like 4

Sort of modelling related...

A new chair!

The last one I purchased from Argos Mid August. Despite costing over £130, it has only lasted 2 months! The padding in the seat has collapsed, and I can feel the plastic, and fittings in the underside of the seat. The lift mechanism stopped working properly, and every time I sat in the damned thing, it would decide to slowly collapse! It went back to the local store yesterday, I had finally had enough. Before taking it along, I had a look online to see what similarly priced chairs they had... Sadly all from the same manufacturer. I was not going to take the risk of the same thing happening again, so we decided that if they asked us what we wanted to do, we would ask for a refund. And that's what they did. So we took the refund. We appreciate that they are supposed to be given the chance to replace or repair, but in this instance 90% of their items in stock, of a similar type of chair, and at a similar price point were all from the same brand and manufacturer, I was not in the mood to replace like for like. Refund it was!

Have now bought a more ergonomic chair from The Range. A little cheaper, but slightly better. I was after one from Ikea, but literally, all their office chairs are out of stock across the UK. So no chance of getting one in the short or mid term! And having two work spaces (PC & modelling) I needed a replacement seat sooner rather than later. Delivery should be around Wednesday 27th.

So much for no buying before Telford!

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 5

A static grass applicator. Gone for a cheapy off ebay to see if i get on with it as i've been wanting to expand my diorama potential for a while now. Will see how it goes....

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

On 10/23/2021 at 4:37 PM, treker_ed said:

Sort of modelling related...

A new chair!

The last one I purchased from Argos Mid August. Despite costing over £130, it has only lasted 2 months! The padding in the seat has collapsed, and I can feel the plastic, and fittings in the underside of the seat. The lift mechanism stopped working properly, and every time I sat in the damned thing, it would decide to slowly collapse! It went back to the local store yesterday, I had finally had enough. Before taking it along, I had a look online to see what similarly priced chairs they had... Sadly all from the same manufacturer. I was not going to take the risk of the same thing happening again, so we decided that if they asked us what we wanted to do, we would ask for a refund. And that's what they did. So we took the refund. We appreciate that they are supposed to be given the chance to replace or repair, but in this instance 90% of their items in stock, of a similar type of chair, and at a similar price point were all from the same brand and manufacturer, I was not in the mood to replace like for like. Refund it was!

Have now bought a more ergonomic chair from The Range. A little cheaper, but slightly better. I was after one from Ikea, but literally, all their office chairs are out of stock across the UK. So no chance of getting one in the short or mid term! And having two work spaces (PC & modelling) I needed a replacement seat sooner rather than later. Delivery should be around Wednesday 27th.

So much for no buying before Telford!

Can I inquire as to which brand as Im in the market myself. My current chair (dining table) is destroying my back and rump. The padding has collapsed and I can feel the fittings inside. So am looking for a new chair. 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Can I inquire as to which brand as Im in the market myself. My current chair (dining table) is destroying my back and rump. The padding has collapsed and I can feel the fittings inside. So am looking for a new chair. 

It's for exactly the same reasons I had to order a new seat originally, the padding on my old office char collapsed and thus required a new one.

From the Range website - apparently, similar to Amazon, Range Plus acts as a "market place", but only for Range approved suppliers (as I understand it) whereas Amazon Market place, anyone can set up and use it.

Anyhow - this is the seat I bought. Still waiting on Delivery at the moment - been despatched via Yodel, and the despatch says delivery between 24th and 31st October..... Whereas the webpage clearly states delivery by 27th October. I think I'll be ringing them tomorrow to find out why such a long delivery window when it clearly states delivery by Wednesday!

https://www.therange.co.uk/furniture/office-furniture/computer-chairs/swivel-office-chair-with-lumbar-support/#8094914

The Range is a UK based brand, not too sure you'll be able to get that in the USA (well apparently you can - Walmart do Vinsetto chairs which is the brand the link shows!)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Thanks 1

Went to the Syracuse NY contest a couple weeks ago and picked up these three for $15 each. Still sealed! I think that is a good price...

1:72 Hasegawa RF-4C

1:72 Hasegawa Panavia Tornado F.3

1:72 Hasegawa FB-111A Aardvark

I would have bought more from this vendor, but I had to eat so I could take my back pill.    :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

On 20/10/2021 at 16:44, stevehnz said:

A Revell 1/25 Chevelle SS kit, a muscle car I've always enjoyed the look of, about the same size as our Holden & Falcons when I was younger & really fancied something like that. :)

Steve.

What year? My mom had a '67 Chevelle SS convertible. Metallic blue with a white vinyl interior. Sweet ride.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Rarely seen together in captivity, two Pink Panthers…

PSX_20211030_160738

PSX_20211030_160805

The Sakhir GP winner edition is the latest acquisition and it’s interesting to see what a seasons worth of development looks like.

Sean

• Like 8

From Guideline Publications

Catching up with some more Warpaints in lieu

Warpaint Special No.1 P-47 Thunderbolt and No.2 Messerschmitt Bf109 both Edited by Alan W. Hall and No.5 P-51 Mustang by Kev Darling.       

Warpaint No.10 Vickers Wellington and No.15 Short Stirling both by Alan W. Hall , No.93 Messerschmitt Me262 by Kev Darling , No.94 Supermarine Attacker by Tony Butler , No.111 OS2U Kingfisher by Kev Darling , No.130 Ilyushin Il-28 by Nikolay Yakubovich

From Home Bargains

Another four Christmas Bauble Storage Boxes , intention with the first two was only to rationalise my 1/48 spares but decided to carry on the project into the 1/72 I rarely build , military and miscellaneous spares.

Arnold Clark

Vauxhall Crossland SE , 1:1 scale pre-built model ,  ‘71’ Plate , 14 miles on the clock and monthly repayment two-thirds of its predecessor 'ECO' model which in turn had a second-hand value almost twice that of the final settlement figure.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

One more for the collection... :)

I think I need to join some league against buying models....

Collectors item, that box-art. Shows the entire production numbers of the Konigstiger :P

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

What to do with the spare fuselage though….

Here's an idea...

sp202.jpg

(image (C) strijdbewijs.nl )

This is actually the fuselage of MK732 - with an interesting bit of history. 
Joined No.485 (RNZAF) Sqn, got some kills, crashlanding at Merville in September 1944, went into longterm rebuild, sold in 1947 to the reformed RNLAF and used until mid-1950s, then served as gate guard before being relegated to dump in Eindhoven.

It was then 'borrowed' by some enterprising RAF 14 Sqn members and stood for a while as Gutersloh gate guard. In 1970 it was delivered to the UK as spares donor for AB910 of the BBMF, and the remains returned back to RNLAF 322 Sqn for the 40th anniversary in 1983. 
I've stood next to the remains at Hilversum Airfield that year :P

sp80.jpg

it is now fully restored and flying with the Dutch Historical Flight.

sp72.jpg

I'm sure you can find similar examples to serve as inspiration ;)

• Like 5