What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

On 10/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, fatfingers said:

Visited a new (to me anyways) model shop of sorts. It only sells Games Workshop and gaming supplies. Very well stocked and came away with a GW Bloat Drone, a Blight Hauler and  a Space Marines Tactical War Suit. All for less than the MRP which is always good for GW products 👍 Also got some Army Painter grass tufts in varying types and a couple of pots of GW 'Technical Paints' Best of all its only a 20 min drive from me and a 3 min drive from my parents house so its easy to get to from either end 😉

Regards,

Steve

A 'Bloat Drone'?

I think he was in my local last night. 

• Haha 7

From Black Mike Models

With local delivery by Duncan ICM 48279 1/48 B-26K Counter Invader kit.

From Aerocraft

1 x 1/48 Cessna O-2 Undercarriage Set for the third ICM kit I bought recently.

3 x 1/48 Cessna O-2 Wing Strut Sets with one for each of the ICM kit variants I now have.

From Amazon

Aviation Art Inc. Export Phantoms Illustrated by Lou Drendel published 2021 by Amazon , the latest in the growing series with the usual mix of photos (mainly colour) , artwork , small-scale plan drawings and some technical manual excerpts including the best part of a page given over to the Strike Camera carried by RAF aircraft , on the other hand coverage is patchy with about a quarter of the book dedicated to the JASDF of which around half of the illustrations are of non-standard colour schemes compared with a page and a bit with two photos for Australia.

From Key Publishing

Three of the recently published titles from their excellent image intensive Modern and Historic Book Series , ordered Thursday afternoon and delivered Saturday morning with free shipping , perhaps they should handle distribution for other more challenged publishers.

Avro Vulcan – The Early Years 1947-64 , Historic Military Aircraft Series Volume 7 by David W Fildes , development and service achievements given year-by-year coverage for that period although the final few pages covering the 'End Of An Era' and the withdrawal of the Vulcan leave me wondering if there will be second volume in the same style covering the last two decades.

British Ground-Attack Aircraft Of The 1970s and ’80s , Historic Military Aircraft Series Volume 8 by Chris Goss , following on from ‘Fighters’ and ‘Bombers’ this latest volume focuses on the Jaguar and the Harrier (RAF & RN).

Dassault Super Ėtendard , Modern Military Aircraft Series Volume 5 by Frédéric Lert , with the Lynx in French naval service already covered in an earlier volume there is certainly scope for other recent Aéronavale types to follow – Atlantic/Atlantique2 , Etendard IVM/P , Super Frelon , Alize and Crusader to name but a few.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 18:19, badger said:

Yet another Trumpeter 1/72 T-55!!

You be careful that Special Branch don't start investigating you Ben. They may think that you're starting a private army.

John.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

You be careful that Special Branch don't start investigating you Ben. They may think that you're starting a private army.

John.

I won't mention the Takom Maz transporter and T-54 I've just won on ebay (for an absolute steal!) then :giggle:

• Haha 1

A new central heating pump, the bathroom is warm again! (Grundfos nfos UPS3 15-50/65, for those of you who know about these things) 

• Like 3

Two Airfix McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG.1 kits, bringing the total to three. This was because I discovered I'd bought Xtradecal's "McDonnell-Douglas Phantom FG.1 in RAF service" sheet some time ago, and it has three examples of XV571 which was in 43 Sqdn exclusively.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Mr T said:

A new central heating pump, the bathroom is warm again! (Grundfos nfos UPS3 15-50/65, for those of you who know about these things) 

I recently replaced mine, which had finally given up the ghost. I chose a cheap Chinese copy recommended by a heating engineer, which is running OK, and quietly. I just hope it lasts. But Grundfos are the Tamiya of CH pumps. 😄

• Like 1

Two Airfix not-quite B.XVI Mosquitos as they're finally in stores here & two Blackbird Model sheets containing Mossies (and other interesting bits) of different subtypes. 

y4mIKXEBmaLQlNft6CQd6XGl80X6-bA9iBZ8lyX3

• Like 8

Ordered a few bottles of Mr. Color paint and thinner from Lucky Models, HK. For 35$ order value, the shipping charge is 17$. It has to be surface mail because of flammable items. Expected time of delivery 2 - 6 months..... I have no alternates available..... I have absolutely no choice except to wait and HOPE the item will some how reach my place ..... Building miniature models in India will drive you nuts 😟

I am jealous of you folks..... I should keep away from this thread.....🙄 😃

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 08/10/2021 at 17:50, Procopius said:

Zvezda C-130

Revell A400M

And of course decals to build a RAF C-130 -- advice or help in building a RAF A400M used in the evacuation of Kabul would be appreciated.

Z75GEX4PLVIZ3F5QLKMKJYXFC4.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/britain-end-evacuation-afghanistan-saturday-2021-08-28/

Per Airbus press release, ZM411 was the last UK military aircraft to leave Kabul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To go with my mk1 kits in Eduard's "The Few" boxing, this arrived for me today.  I ordered it on Sunday from Germany and for the princely sum of £28 plus a tenner's postage and packing.  Can't argue with that.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Found this waiting on the doorstep for me :)

This will make a nice contrapoint to a 1/48 P-40N in post-war ML-KNIL service...

A look inside the box shows lots of nicely detailed part trees, and 6 8 options - French, a Manchukuo, 2 Nationalist Chinese, 2 PLAAF and 2 TNI-AU ones. 
Interesting kit for those wanting something lesser-known :)

y4ms_NfMgOUK0Mb80LNWdrJADuWdmFG3h70ks8G0

• Like 6

A Trumpeter 1/32 F-8J Crusader and aftermarket for that, and for a couple of my soviet bombers.

I just can't seem to stop. Is there a modelling equivalent to Alcoholics Anonymous?  I think I might need that!!!

• Haha 4

This is what was in the latest box. The Airfix MiG-17 isn't a bad kit by all accounts, good enough that there were a flood of them in the Africa GB not so long back. Although it has flaws, it's a better attempt than their MiG-15 retool was. The Zeroes are nice kits, acceptably accurate (apart from the colour scheme, but as you can see I'm not using the kit decals so don't care) and having already done one I know it's a nice build. The M3 scout car continues my love in with Zvezda 1/100 armour. It's intended for wargaming, but they actually make decent display models so I have quite a collection.

spacer.png 

The lower scheme is one of the ones I'll be doing with the Airfix kits. H-Model Decals also do it in 1/72 and 1/48 but they would have you mask and paint the fuselage and tail stripes yourself. Not on my watch matey - I don't buy decals to make life harder.

spacer.png

Andy

I thought Typos was a Greek island until I tried posting on public forums

• Like 7

The Co op nearest to work has a book donation box. if you take one, you give 50p at the till & it goes to a local charity.

Today I found a paperback: Forgotten voices of the Holocaust, by Lyn Smith. "True stories of survival" is on the cover.

Another 'must read' I think. Bless them all.

• Like 9