What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

9 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Just ordered the parts to make myself a clone of the MuTron Bi-Phase. I've wanted one for ages and as I was already sourcing parts to build a couple of Phasor II clones to sell, it seemed silly not to.

Which sci-fi series do they come from, I don't recall them on Star Trek?

• Haha 1

After confidently thinking that a good chunk of my preorders would no show up at the same time, guess what?, four of them came together. I am now the proud possessor of 

An Airfix Wellington II

An AVA Beechcraft King Air

A KP DH5

A Modelvisit Mirage IIIO. 

Fortunately for many years I have run a slush fund that helps pay for models. I started it when I thought how to pay for models when I retire. That event happened earlier than I thought, but the principle has still held good. 

I have another purchase that will materialise at the end of the week in the shape of a new central heating pump. Paying for that will come out of general expenses. I am glad I have never smoked, gambled or chased loose women, and instead spent the money on  modelling (although the loose women had an appeal). 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I think I got lucky last weekend. 
AMS has held a weekend sale and I picked up the Duo Mirage F-1 kit at 30% off. 
That may have been an oops, when I returned home, the kit wasn't listed as discount anymore. 

y4mU1nPrG5N8WsBQwUv9U7ug9KVwcjkc8rweZWRt

Still, can't resist an oddball so this went along was well.  Only 2 ever built, used as testbed for the giant AA-3 missiles. 

y4m2dJHDiV-qH8hS7wOfjqXcGtnMNzts0gpXZoG4

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

That may have been an oops, when I returned home, the kit wasn't listed as discount anymore. 

Still, can't resist an oddball so this went along was well.  Only 2 ever built, used as testbed for the giant AA-3 missiles. 

I like the look of that Yak. I think I might have to get one to add to my Soviet oddballs collection.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Ooooo Cool a Flashlight. 

• Like 1

That Yak-25 is a beauty!

My latest arrival is this Kami de Koro Yak-36, the original Soviet VTOL testbed that led to the Yak-38. Its a (very) rudimentary resin kit but the only source of this model in-scale.

InShot_20211005_074226120.jpg

InShot_20211005_074325962.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomjw said:

I like the look of that Yak. I think I might have to get one to add to my Soviet oddballs collection.

For an AMonster kit, it's pretty nice :) 
It'll fit in well with the A&A Models La.200B .

y4mR76PwDrXTpxyy-TmAF2JpY9FVfztoEuAFXMUQ

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alt-92 said:

For an AMonster kit, it's pretty nice :) 
It'll fit in well with the A&A Models La.200B .

y4mR76PwDrXTpxyy-TmAF2JpY9FVfztoEuAFXMUQ

The Soviet Union's late entry to the hotly contest 'ugliest plane of the 1940s' competition I believe 

Edited by -Ian-
  • Haha 4

An SIHRSC file, which seem to be somewhat legendary in this forum.

Let's hope it makes some of the filling/sanding cycle easier.

'twas but 3.30 from ebay, including the handle, so no big loss if it's not.

I could always bake it in a cake for a prison breakout.....

• Haha 3

Some paint, and a hasegawa f-35b for a rather bargainous price, didnt want to buy any kits as I'm considering expanding my fledgling 1/200 resin airliner collection but i have sold a few things and I'm unable to visit my local probably have the funds for both, now to not drop this one on its canopy and actually finish it.....

edit: never actually confirmed that paint order, decided I didn't actually need some of them which allowed me to order from the other supplier for a particular brand and ended up having a kit browse and adding a hobbyboss fw190 to my cart as like the camo options, but them required me to add some RLM colours so actually ended up with an even bigger order.... :)

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Just  received the IWATA / Dream Gear ARKHITECT space ship from our local supplier SMS Paints in Melbourne. WOW !!!!!!!!!! It is a clip together model complete with built in light ways for the supplied LED lighting system. Lights with different defusers to provide the different engine light colours, running lights, crew accomodation and lights for the stand. Instructions excellent, plastic is sharp and detail great. Only 3 colours required if you want to paint, light gray, dark gray and red brown.

If you want a change or a mojo reboot, this maybe it 😍

https://www.scalemodeller.com.au/products/1-3000-arkhitect-advanced-research-colonizer-model-kit 

• Like 2

A 1/24 scale, Hasegawa Lancia Stratos Safari Rally boxing, from ebay, recently missed one locally & this one was only slightly more. A slightly reckless buy having just got home from night shifts & not in full control of myself, least, that's my story & I'm sticking to it. ;) :D

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Just  received the IWATA / Dream Gear ARKHITECT space ship from our local supplier SMS Paints in Melbourne. WOW !!!!!!!!!! It is a clip together model complete with built in light ways for the supplied LED lighting system. Lights with different defusers to provide the different engine light colours, running lights, crew accomodation and lights for the stand. Instructions excellent, plastic is sharp and detail great. Only 3 colours required if you want to paint, light gray, dark gray and red brown.

If you want a change or a mojo reboot, this maybe it 😍

https://www.scalemodeller.com.au/products/1-3000-arkhitect-advanced-research-colonizer-model-kit 

That's quite different...😀

Cheers,

Tom

Dvd's after a trip to the Charity Shop...

English Cricket's Greatest Matches 1953-1994.

Rumble in the Jungle and Thriller in Manila.

George Foreman - Early Years and Great Fights of the Mid 1960's.

Muhammed Ali - The Greatest.

Golf's Greatest Moments 1930 - 2004 (box set)...

• Like 2

Zvezda C-130

Revell A400M

And of course decals to build a RAF C-130 -- advice or help in building a RAF A400M used in the evacuation of Kabul would be appreciated.

• Like 2