What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

45 minutes ago, gunpowder17 said:

Suprised to see a pend orielle 1/48 sunderland for sale at a fairly decent price , so now its mine!

uNAfdQS.jpg

Oooooo resin Sunderland ... Heavy. and definitely ain't someone's brother.

A US Army MRE, Menu #20, for my nearly-six-year-old, who is fascinated by "rations" thanks to too many Star Wars audiobooks.

Aircraft Profile #254: Fairey Fulmar, by David Brown

Firestorm: Typhoons over Caen, by Graham A Thomas

Valiant Wings' Boulton-Paul Defiant: A Technical Guide

MMP Orange Series: Blackburn Shark

In the Skies of Europe: Air Forces Allied to the Luftwaffe 1939-1945, by Hans Werner Neulen 

Flying Sailors at War By Brian Cull --IF the Dalrymple & Verdun website is actually linked to a functioning company, anyway. EDIT: I realized I'm a grown up and I can check this myself, so I called their listed telephone number and indeed they are. Plus the guy who answered the phone had a magnificent Scottish accent, and as a midwestern American, it was as exciting as going to the cinema for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Edward @Procopius's  search for a Blenheim is done :P

I found two and the bomber IV is for him. 

y4mkr4Z7fwtLm2drd0KNOmT1ZlsIigTLIjc6EXEu

And Maureen Dunlop has arrived as well - Life Miniatures direct order from Korea. 

y4mcMV_YJBS9YVGeeiUMPq7zPr3FoaHOtdbbY-11

The detail and sculpting is just wonderful. 

y4mmfj2qYsRNixRcVAmXh0EZzXarcA0ayGebMHnQ

chute pack...  oh and the bracelet around the wrists.. 

y4mmmmBUUnNzEMwjj2IvGfQMqNa8qLW1KsSDTUqT

Now to do the craftmanship and the figure justice... :P

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Having emptied my HLJ private warehouse of the Azur French Vampire, AZmodels L.60 Brigadyr and some bang seat harnesses, I was looking for something to pop back in it, when I found the older Hasegawa F-15E Strike Eagle prototype kit ( the camo'd one), which had previously shown discontinued, was back in stock so nabbed that, plus a couple of Hasegawa F-16A kits, cheap & cheerful & bound to come in handy. :)

Steve

• Like 2

A couple of planned purchases and an unexpected bonus from my 'local' modelshop

The Italeri repop of the Platz T33. I have the Belcher decal sheet for Canadian aircraft and so nice to have another kit to use some more up. 

The Special Hobby Meteor NF14, looks a nice kit and much more detailed than the Matchbox one 

There were also a number of RAF second hand books that had just come in and I picked up the Mini Warpaint guide to the Vickers Varsity and the Midlands Counties book on the Blackburn Beverley. Original cost was £20.55 and I bought them for a fiver. They are in good condition as well. 

• Like 2

Yes, my excuse for going was that I was going to the tip, sorry, recycling centre in Middleton and so was well on way there (If you think about it is vaguely in the right direction). The Meteor had been put by and I hadn't had a trip over and it was a nice morning. 

Dave seemed pleased to see me, I think because I was spending money. Tonight I realised I have six pre orders with him. Some from a while ago and I don't think they will all come at once.😬

• Haha 2

Milspec Decals 72-008 F-4G Wild Weasel, and two more of the new Tamiya lacquer’s. Dark (LP-36) and light ghost grey (LP-37). I really like these new paints except the Yellow. I have 3 F-18’s and a few other aircraft that need the ghost grey’s so its a wise investment. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/milspec-72-008-f-4g-ser-no-69-0292--1313017#

• Like 4

Walthers Solvaset. I have a lot of really old decals (some are pretty thick, too). Let's see if this decal softener will work well.

solvaset.jpg

Also, I plan to try this simple little thing. I've never built a snap-fit-kit before. But I plan to use glue! (and add some improvements, like a decent cockpit, for example; the canopy will also need to be completely replaced with a better one).

phantom.jpg

I love Phantoms, in all their incarnations (but only in 1/72 scale... 😄)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Milspec Decals 72-008 F-4G Wild Weasel, and two more of the new Tamiya lacquer’s. Dark (LP-36) and light ghost grey (LP-37). I really like these new paints except the Yellow. I have 3 F-18’s and a few other aircraft that need the ghost grey’s so its a wise investment. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/milspec-72-008-f-4g-ser-no-69-0292--1313017#

I couldn't agree more. The new Tamiya Lacquers are awesome. The only yellow paint I've ever managed to get decwnt results from is MRP.

• Like 1

Some Infini Models soft sanding sponges. I wanted to get the one of each set, but that's been out of stock for ages so ended up getting three two-packs of 600, 800 and 1000 grit. I'd have got some 400 if they'd been in stock. If I think these are as good as people say they are, I'll invest further.

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Some Infini Models soft sanding sponges. I wanted to get the one of each set, but that's been out of stock for ages so ended up getting three two-packs of 600, 800 and 1000 grit. I'd have got some 400 if they'd been in stock. If I think these are as good as people say they are, I'll invest further.

I don't know how good people say they are, but they are really good :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Received in the post 3 used kits that have found their forever home.

51509308670_dcfb787ded_c.jpg

A partially built HB FJ-4 Fury. needs some TLC but came with an extra set of Decals

51507578287_7c0f07cef2_c.jpg

CA Curtiss Hawk III and another partially built Hawk III that I"ll back date to a Curtiss BF2C-1

51507578322_cf97321f3c_c.jpg

And an AModel 1/48? X-5. No instructions or decals but looks easy enough to build. and I have a set of X-5 Decals I can rescan and shrink to 1/48.

All 3 for less than I would have paid for just the Fury, so I'm a hampy capper.:thumbsup: 4 models for less than the price of 1.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Received in the post 3 used kits that have found their forever home.

51509308670_dcfb787ded_c.jpg

A partially built HB FJ-4 Fury. needs some TLC but came with an extra set of Decals

51507578287_7c0f07cef2_c.jpg

CA Curtiss Hawk III and another partially built Hawk III that I"ll back date to a Curtiss BF2C-1

51507578322_cf97321f3c_c.jpg

And an AModel 1/48? X-5. No instructions or decals but looks easy enough to build. and I have a set of X-5 Decals I can rescan and shrink to 1/48.

All 3 for less than I would have paid for just the Fury, so I'm a hampy capper.:thumbsup: 4 models for less than the price of 1.

That X-5 looks very like the very old Revell kit.  I remember building that too long ago to be comfortable, probably early '60's,  I loved that kit, it had a  retracting undercarriage and working swing wings, top model!

I have that kit buried in my stash. It's1/40 scale. This kit is supposedly from Amodel and is 1/48? Not box, instructions or decals. The pilot matches the other pilots I have scalewise, but the actual length of the model matches 1/40 scale. I'll have to find and dig out my original one to compare.:shrug:

• Like 1

Little bit off topic...

I received these in the post today for an acoustic guitar which I'm currently making. The engraving is my own design and they have been made by Rodgers tuning machines - widely regarded as the best in the business.

The price was eye-watering: not quite as much as an MFH 1:12 scale car but not far off!spacer.png

And the guitar they're for:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Jered

• Like 5

On 23/09/2021 at 17:15, lasermonkey said:

ten germanium transistors which will be used to make fuzz pedals.

I love it when you talk dirty.

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

Then Airfix did this. The rotters.

They're proper swine, aren't they?!

• Haha 3

A full tank of petrol in the Fiesta.

You may think - panic buying erk, but the son in law is in the army and they live off base. His van doesn't have much diesel left, we've been away for the last week If he can't fill up, he'll need the fiesta to get to work.

If he does fill up with diesel, then the fiesta has about 4 weeks of petrol in it for the amount of pottering about we do.

• Like 1