What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

1/72 Eduard MiG-21MF Royal Class dual combo.

Bit of a bargain at £30 from Creative Models' ebay shop. Would have posted it in the bargains section but I bought the last one 😁

Edited by -Ian-
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

1/72 Eduard MiG-21MF Royal Class dual combo.

Bit of a bargain at £30 from Creative Models' ebay shop. Would have posted it in the bargains section but I bought the last one 😁

I nearly bought that myself, but had overspent and already have one anyway. For thirty quid you have an absolute steal.

Feeling quite pleased, not visited my local in almost 6 weeks, and found even more choice than my last visit.  Think I was quite restrained only left with the 3 items. Hasegawa Corsair and Tigershark and an academy thunderbolt. Was saving the trip till tommorow after my 2nd jab but was passing by and I have finished 5 models this week….can always pop in again tommorow as planned for seconds :) 

• Like 2

On Holiday in Devon we popped into Plymouth on Wednesday. I found Antics in the shopping centre.

Not much for me in there but I bought a pot of Tamiya Acrylic 'metallic grey' which I assume is politically correct for gunmetal?

In the pannier market, down from Antics, is a stall selling diecast car models. He has a small selection of Aircraft kits too.

Miniart 1/35 T-55a (model 1965 early).

£24 posted from Creative Models on ebay which is under half price!!!

Very pleased with that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

On Holiday in Devon we popped into Plymouth on Wednesday. I found Antics in the shopping centre.

Not much for me in there but I bought a pot of Tamiya Acrylic 'metallic grey' which I assume is politically correct for gunmetal?

In the pannier market, down from Antics, is a stall selling diecast car models. He has a small selection of Aircraft kits too.

Would that be xf-56? It's as it's called, metallic grey. X-10 is gunmetal. These are the only paints I tend to use for day to day, with a small amount of others for specific NMF or other colours.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Wow! That's a leap from 1/72nd Ben. But as you say, that's a very good price.

John.

Hi John

It was a decent bargain and I do occasionally dabble in 1/35 (in fact this is my third T-54/55 in the bigger scale!).

Very intimidating kit though with approximately 1 billion parts!

• Like 3

spacer.png

I picked myself up one of these, by accident.  Accident?  Yes, an accident....  I wanted to build F/Sgt Dennis Copping's Kittyhawk, ET574 and got thoroughly confused - that aircraft was a Kittyhawk mk1a, so I'll have to think of something else to do with this kit.  I'm researching Lend-Lease VVS P40B's as an option.

• Like 3

A few items in rather slow transit and some pre-orders expected but only delivery this week was electronic

From Aero Research

Latest PDF Download release -  1097 USN A-7 Corsair II Collection Part 5

Hataka Orange Line Lacquers. First time use and very interested as to how they will perform. For my current PZL P.24B build.

Hataka O-Line Polish Set

Ray

New mouse, old blue tooth one has decided it doesn’t want to connect to my old laptop after several days of successful use and now stubbornly refuses to budge gone for a wired one this time. Will get a nice blue tooth one when I get a new laptop in the distant future 

Oh well, Bank holiday Monday.... decided to visit the Waterlooville Model Centre and purchased this little beauty.

DSCN2528

This now means that I have got an F14 F15 F16 and now an F18.

I am not interested in the F22 or F22.

Simon.

• Like 4

A new regulator for my compressor, as the old one isn't working properly and I can barely spray with it. I got almost 30 years out of it, so I probably ought not complain.

Also another Tamiya 1/72 Mosquito, this time the II/VI. The eBay seller offered it at just over fourteen quid, posted (brand new- it's from a shop). I mean. what was I supposed to do? I reckon I'll get started on that the moment it turns up. I'm well into the B.IV that I bought recently (being built as a No. 162 Sqn B.XXV) and enjoying every minute of it.

• Like 4

I'll stick to the original scheme for mine ;) dang, I miss Moa, his HP.42 was a beautiful build. 

Some other goodies for the upcoming period as I'm a couple of weeks off work. 

- aforementioned Heracles

- Revell Hawk.  I started the Italeri 19 sqn commemorative one as a mojo-build, but quite fancy the 74 sqn as well so stencils and plastic from the Revell is welcome.

- Heinkel 119.  I like my oddballs to be ones that actually existed and flew, not that lufty stuff for me thank you very much :P

- Vought 156F Vindicator in French updo.
  May 1940 expansion, those were supposed to support French units in Belgium and the Netherlands, but an air raid destroyed them in Boulogne.

- Boston/Havoc interior set. There's a rear gun set & the new crew from CMK on the way as well. 

- Procon PS270 Airbrush, and some maintenance tools for the H&S I've used up until now. 

y4mc7YT3GEVkDMyMUgG_Jkq5bScn6T3MEprt_D5f

• Like 7

Hi Steve, I know how it is, my prescription is a non standard one and it always an expensive do. Still I can do close up work on models without aids and so it is not all bad! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

An eye test and a new pair of glasses... An expensive job due the the lenses i have. Thats the modelling budget gone for the rest of the year! 🥺

Regards,

Steve

I know how you feel,i've got one thursday next week and i'm dreading the bill....

• Sad 1