What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

On 5/22/2021 at 7:41 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks good @Wez … Im looking forward to one of those SF-260 kits. Either in the dogfighters company markings or Libyan camouflage. 

I'm holding out until SH release their 1/48 one in IAC updo - even though the KP/AZ one is out and about, and it's not bad... the SH one looks a bit sharper in details. 

15 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

This arrived from ebay yesterday. The price wasn’t bad, with postage, less than the asking price of some.

I’m a teensy bit suspicious though. The box seals were broken and there was no turned aluminium gun barrel, although all the reviews said that the kit contained one. And there are some anomalies with the instructions. Methinks a message to the seller is in order.

Ahh, Dragons cut and paste instruction sheets leave a lot to be desired. You'd  think that they would put a kit together prior to releasing it on the market with their glaring errors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Ahh, Dragons cut and paste instruction sheets leave a lot to be desired. You'd  think that they would put a kit together prior to releasing it on the market with their glaring errors.

All of the reviews that I've read of the kit say that it includes a turned aluminium barrel, but there is no mention of it in the instructions. And because of Dragon's policy of using old sprues so that they can include certain parts, there are two completely different sprues marked as H and two marked as J. I know that this kit has been reissued a few times, so I'm assuming that what I've got is an early one which didn't include the barrel. It's a good job that the kit includes a nice slide moulded barrel.

John.  

• Like 1

Hi- woohoo my first post (other than to introduce myself!)

My latest two acquisitions- 1:48 scale.

Thought Id jump in deep with the Eduard "Spitfire story: The few", (complete with miniature Sir Douglass Bader figure!)  and also a ground crew set from Airfix to go with it.  I also have previously purchased and nearly finished a Tamiya 10hp Utility. and also the Tamiya Spitfire M1 kit- which Im yet to start.. the makings of a small diorama!

Will be a serious plunge into a bit of PE as well, which I havent really done before.

spacer.png

• Like 9

Welcome to BM @Oldefarte, hope you like it here. Looking forward to seeing your diorama.

I’ve just ordered an Ark Model 1/48 La-9 direct from the Russian Federation ( via eBay )which comes with a Quinta Studio cockpit set for the equivalent of £21.15 including postage. The downside is that will probably have to wait at least a month for it.

• Like 2

The PE scene is new to me.. Only had a small entre so far with a Dragon JU 88 P- I keep putting all my PE kits and bits at the bottom of the pile till I build up courage (and skills)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I did a 1200 mile road trip at the weekend to view, buy, and take home my first V12 engine.

resized_0cfb56c8-c3b4-4e27-b83d-de6532b8

This will doubtless help prevent me buying more model kits for a bit longer.

You bought a grandfather clock - brilliant!

I'd better buy some more paint PDQ before the impact of driving that thing puts 20% on the price of all of Sovereign's products!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I did a 1200 mile road trip at the weekend to view, buy, and take home my first V12 engine.

resized_0cfb56c8-c3b4-4e27-b83d-de6532b8

This will doubtless help prevent me buying more model kits for a bit longer.

Its a Jaaaaaaaaaaag ! Which model is it , the XJS or another ? 

After searching the internet for the last year, finally got my hands on a cover that fits my trailer, and for less than 50 euros. Happy bunny.

John.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Yes a 1989 XJS :)

e1dc9fb4-b150-449a-8438-32a7ae684f07.jpg

1200 mile round trip. How many times did you have to fill up the fuel tank on the way home ?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

1200 mile round trip. How many times did you have to fill up the fuel tank on the way home ?

Our old X-Type (3.0 V6 petrol) did 1200 miles, but the XJS only did 600... The X-Type used 150 litres for the round trip.

I made 5 fuel stops altogether on the drive back. The seller said he'd put £20 (which would be about 15 litres) into the XJS already but the orange light flickered on under acceleration or braking. The first fill-up cost £97 to brim which was about 75 litres.

The gauge only went up to 3/4 and I had no real idea what it was drinking so we stopped again on the M40 after an hour and a bit to have breakfast and after 80 miles I got another 20 litres in to the 2-clicks. We drove another 123 miles and stopped somewhere in the Manchesterish sort of lattitudes and this time it took 30 litres to top off. At Carlisle we stopped again for lunch and I topped it off again. I think it took about 45 litres that time. We had to stop once more at Perth because our youngest needed the toilet and I got something like 35 litres in then with another 117 miles to go til home. Obviously it would have gone much further on a tank but with such limited use previously I expected to have issues which often manifest themselves as increased fuel consumption, and I didn't have much confidence in the gauge.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Dvd..

A Street Cat Named Bob...

(It's based on a true story and if you haven't seen it it's brilliant)...

The book is even better 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In last few weeks

I thought as a retunree OHHHH a Heller Boeing 707 in my new local model shop...bargain

Thinking I could buy bits or make them to do a E3....hours later an E3 was found cheaper than the 707..

Flighpath also had some of my money too for their E3 etches, great looking details

Then Combat models excellent conversion sets, thinking details for the E3 and could use the 707 for a joint rivet!!!!  well I am new ish here.

Next up and arriving yesterday a NKC-135 laser lab to enable a RAF joint rivet to form an ordered queue. 

Oh and throw in some MIG AMMO solution boxes and associated sets...

Oh and some very fine Brengun 707 etches!

Probably a few other bits missed too but not trying to show off, the dangers of buying a big box!

Edited by ian fish
  • Like 1