What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

A set of paint masks for my GWH Su-27UB made by a Company called New Ware from CZ. They include masks to allow you to paint the prominent canopy seal and other aerials etc on the airframe. It will be a while before I get around to using them so time will tell how well they work.

Duncan B

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

A set of paint masks for my GWH Su-27UB made by a Company called New Wave from CZ

Does it include those 'inside and outside' canopy masks that are increasingly popular with the young folks these days? :D 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stew Dapple said:

Does it include those 'inside and outside' canopy masks that are increasingly popular with the young folks these days? :D 

Cheers,

Stew

It does but I must confess I have never previously used the inner masks as I'm not convinced I could get them to line up properly, especially as these ones have a thin mask for the sealant too.

duncan B

• Like 1

A ticket for an Evening with Bruce Dickinson (of Iron Maiden) at the Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham, in August  .... 2021 !

If this goes ok I reckon Telford will be a doddle.😗

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 4

Just took delivery of five Eduard 1/48 Overtrees kits

• Spitfire Mk.I Early
  • Spitfire Mk.I Late,
  • Spitfire Mk.IIa
  • P-51D mustang and
  • Lysander Mk.III

All FedEx-ed from Eduard to the UK inside 5 days for around 55 GBP all in.

Just got the urge to spend twice as much on aftermarket stuff now though 😬

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Despite thinking that I really ought to rein in my spending, I saw an Airfix Sea King starter set on eBay for just under twelve quid, posted and well, you know the rest! I haven't built a Sea King since I was a kid.

Is it the new-tooled one, or the same one you built when you were a kid? :lol: 

Cheers,

Stew

• Haha 3

Away until late this afternoon and when I got home I found Mr. Postie had dropped off a whole load of goodies
All from different ebay sellers
1. two pair of resin main wheels for my Airfix MiG 15s I'm building. I did a deal for these
2. 6 Vallejo paints, 5 of them are 'Transparent' - for some of my WW1 types
3. A Rareplanes 1/72 vac kit of a Meteor F.8
4. Osprey book on Camel Aces
5. Odd bits and good decals for an Airfix 1/32 Jaguar XKR GT3. I need them to replace the bad ones in the kit I have.

• Like 1

Two books which I had been looking for for a while but was unable to get until now.

SAM publications (before the switch over to MA Publications)

Modellers Datafile 17 BAe/HS Harrier

Modellers Datafile 11 BAe/HS Sea Harrier

Reference material for my multi-builds of Kinetic Harriers that I have in the stash - 2x GR1/GR3, FRS.1, FA.2, T2/T4/T8 plus a Hasegawa GR7/GR9. More than enough for me as I don't go OTT with any AM stuff.

• Like 2

I just inherited 7 boxes of models from a friend, aporoximately 75 kits ranging from WW1 through to an Academy F-22 with a boatload of decals and A/M bits. Everything from Aoshima to Eduard, I have an entire big wing of Spitfires alone. Everything from Mk.I’s to Mk.18’s. Though no Mk.XII’s, so still need to find one of them someday. I need to give it a going over and inventory it all. Ive been told that if there isn't anything I don't want/need I can pay it forward. So will either donate to a veterans group or put them up for sale/trade. 

• Like 10

Via Amazon

One-Eleven Down – F-111 Crashes and Combat Losses by Steven Hyre and Lou Bennett and General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark by Don Logan , published 2012 and 2004 respectively by Schiffer , adds up to a 1420 image 560 page F-111 Foto Fest between them but for anyone interested in the F-111 there will be a new hefty 356 page doorstep General Dynamics F-111 -  Blueprint  by David Baker being published by Crecy for release late August with the RRP of £27.95 but pre-orders on Hive.co.uk at the moment being £19.09

Second-hand from WeBuyBooks on Amazon Royal Air Force: Germany Since 1945 by Bill Taylor , published 2003 by Midland Publishing

The Works

First time I have been anywhere near a town with a branch of The Works in over a year but despite their ‘everything must go for re-stocking sale’ only picked up The Vickers Wellington by Ian R. Murray and the Falkland’s War Operations Manual by Chris McNab , both published by Haynes in 2012 and 2018 respectively with the first costing £7 and the second £3

• Like 1

Earlier I had a 'how did we do?' email from World of Books as I took delivery of three books from them yesterday. 

On the off chance I did a search for 'Scram' by Harry Benson on their site. It's basically 'The Falkands war in a Wessex' by a new pilot.

I read it years ago and have recently been looking for another copy. Anyway, I found one on there for seven pounds odd post free.

Further down the page, the same book for 4.99 post free! No contest. So that will be zooming over here later in the week. 

• Like 1

I recently purchased a Tamiya 1/48 F-14A and their 1/48 F-14D. Won't be buying another model for a while but those two kits are beauties!

• Like 2

Oh, almost forgot to add... a whole load of other stuff I picked up recently but forgot...

Wolfpack 1/48 F-8 Crusader Folding Wing Set

Wolfpack 1/48 F-14 Tomcat Refueling Probe Set

Wolfpack 1/48 F/A-18E/F refueling Probe Set

CAT4 1/48 A-4A Skyhawk Conversion Set (to help turn my A-4C into an A-4B)

MPC/Round 2 1/72 Space 1999 Mark IX Hawk (because clearly the two I already had was not enough)

Eduard 1/48 Ltd Ed 'The Longest Day' Spitfire Mk IX

Zoukei Mura 1/48 F-4S Phantom II

6 enormous bags of compost

Plant feeder

Vegetables and plan seeds (unfortunately the green fingers to make the best use of them were out of stock...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

6 enormous bags of compost

Plant feeder

Vegetables and plan seeds (unfortunately the green fingers to make the best use of them were out of stock...)

What on earth did you buy those for....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Revell EF-111A  & a Italeri reboxing of the Academy P-38J, both from Midelsforsale in the UK. I had though the Raven was a reboxing of the Italeri one & only realized when it arrived it was the old Monogram one, however, I think it'll do for my fairly basic modelling style, the decals look well done. Both 1/72.

Steve.

1/72 Dakota MKIII for £20 from the works. This is the boxing that included the Willy's Jeep.

Not too bad I thought, looked up and seems to be around the £28+ mark where available elsewhere. Also on the way from Big H at Lowestoft, Kinetic FA.2 Sea Harrier, Eduard canopy mask, and the 1/48 Blenheim reissue. Also some etch for the Kinetic Gr1/Gr3 (one of each for each type)

• Like 1