1/72 Handley Page Victor K.2 (Airfix A12009)

40 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

The instructions for raised flaps are wrong DO NOT follow them you will ruin that part of the model by cutting off the wrong bit if you do

Yeah the cut/don't cut instructions are reversed, right? Cut refers to 104, but 104 is raised and 105 is dropped.

6 minutes ago, RaceAddict said:

Yeah the cut/don't cut instructions are reversed, right? Cut refers to 104, but 104 is raised and 105 is dropped.

no the place to cut is wrong entirely. you need to remove some of the tracks under the fairings not remove the whole fairing, I'll explain better tomorrow, it's quite late now

• Like 2

Starting the intakes this evening... 😬

I've only ever used putty a couple of times, never with much success. This AK tube is brand new though, previously I'd worked with Tamiya. We shall see if it goes any better. 

IMG-20210506-182636.jpg

Still debating the paint scheme... (haven't made any irreversible cuts or holes yet). Originally I'd planned on this Victor being one of a few Falkland themed builds I'd eventually complete. Then I thought "do I really want two massive builds on my shelf, both with very similar colors?" A Victor and  Vulcan, both in variations Dark Green and Sea Grey? (Not to mention Sea Harriers, in the same as well...) 🤔

Edited by RaceAddict
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RaceAddict said:

Starting the intakes this evening... 😬

I've only ever used putty a couple of times, never with much success. This AK tube is brand new though, previously I'd worked with Tamiya. We shall see if it goes any better. 

IMG-20210506-182636.jpg

Still debating the paint scheme... (haven't made any irreversible cuts or holes yet). Originally I'd planned on this Victor being one of a few Falkland themed builds I'd eventually complete. Then I thought "do I really want two massive builds on my shelf, both with very similar colors?" A Victor and  Vulcan, both in variations Dark Green and Sea Grey? (Not to mention Sea Harriers, in the same as well...) 🤔

The only problem I have had with the AK grey putty, is that is not wet sandable. My tamiya white putty was no good out of the box. Could never get it mixed. Sort of like the “new” squadron putty.

Edited by Bejay53