An Aeroflot An-28 somewhere in Russia

Tim R-T-C

spacer.png

So I received a delivery today from Scalemodelshop and decided on impulse (not Vodka fuelled) to break this one open and start straight away.

Yes its 144th, yes it will be a vignette.

Actually I won't be using the modern 'Siberian Light Aviation' scheme from this boxing, but an older Aeroflot scheme from an earlier boxing that I have in the stash. This is a post-Soviet scheme with a lot of red, which I understand was used for flights in Northern regions as high contrast visibility over snow.

The Vodka was required when I had a look over the parts...

spacer.png

In typical Eastern Express style, this is a short run kit with lots of filler needed. Interestingly there is an interior provided but it is very basic and the decals include windows, so I decided to keep the seats for the spares box and fill the windows (I tried fitting the clear parts here but they were flush fitting so had to be exactly the right size or would fall through or not fit).

On impulse (vodka inspired?) I did take my scalpel saw to the tail because this plane will have the rear-door open for boarding. Reference images show boarding could be performed with just one door open and this means the viewing angles will be limited so minimal interior detail will be needed.

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

So today I finished the primary assembly and added a tonne of filler -
then disaster struck, while spraying outside the plane decided to make a bid for freedom and broke its tailfin making an emergency landing in the yard...

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Ha crap. After putting the first set of decals on I sprayed a gloss coat to protect them while adding the next layer and I must not have shaken the can enough because it tarnished a little on the top and on the grey under.

Added the rest of the decals without problems so lets see how it looks after another varnish coat...

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...