finished-left-profile.jpg

finished-low-rear-left.jpg

finished-low-rear-left2.jpg

finished-high-front-right.jpg

the-office-2.jpg

the-engine-room.jpg

finished-left-side-open-high.jpg

finished-left-side-open-front.jpg

These next three are just to give a sense of how much difference the choice of lens and distance makes to the perceived shape of the car: first the "magazine cover" shot:

finished-front-fisheye-3-cover-shot.jpg

and now the "telephoto". These compare directly to a lot of the shots you'll find online of the real thing at Le Mans in 1966:

finished-front-tele-2.jpg

finished-left-tele-rear.jpg

And finally, this one was complete accident, but I quite liked the "view behind the curtain" effect:

finished-left-album-cover.jpg

The more observant among you will have noticed something missing. I popped off the windscreen wiper to paint it blue thanks to @Jo NZ, and forgot to put the bloomin' thing back on before the photo-shoot. Now it's back in place, but I'm darned if I'm doing the lot again!

I thought this was a really impressive kit. There are nits to pick, to be sure, but it is phenomenally well engineered. Other than one self-inflicted wound (which I could easily have avoided if I'd thought about it or been forewarned -- see WiP!), there is no glue and no filler in this model...

best,

M.

• Like 40

10 hours ago, JamesP said:

The weathering really sells the model. The hand prints in the grime is a superb touch. As usual your paintwork is flawless. 

Agree absolutely!  Great model of a great car, well done.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

I'm not a massive fan of the weathered look, but it works well here. I guess that's because of the extra little details you added in the form of the handprints etc where the dirt has been wiped off. It looked great in the WIP thread when it was still clean too :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...