1/72 - Hawker Demon, Hart & Audax by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - Demon, Hart & Audax released - Hardy & Hind ?

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Demon by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - box art+sprues - release in 2021

Those balloon tyres look more like the Hardy, the long exhausts aren't for a Demon, and let's see if the fuselage has the correct lower fuselage.  Maybe we are just seeing generic tooling intended for other versions, but it is not entirely encouraging.

I have heard the first rumour about AMG 1/72 Hawker Hart in 2019 already. But this looks far more like we may be looking forward to more members of the family. Great news indeed!

Looking at the sprue shots, an Audax and Hardy looks likely (message hook, wheels, supply panniers) as well as a Hind (rams horn exhausts). A turret Demon would be nice, but I am not holding my breath 

Edited by Mr T

11 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Having built the AZ, Amodel/Avis kits all of which need much work am looking forward to this! 

I've quite a few of these other kits but could still be tempted by this/these, whatever else they bring out.

Steve.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Demon & Hart I by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - box art+sprues - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Demon & Hart I by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - box art+sprues+decals+PE set - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Hawker Demon & Hart by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - Demon released - Hart release in 2021

Will any stockists in the UK be carrying these kits? I'm not sure if Hannants do or not as everything from AMG is constantly a future release.

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Will any stockists in the UK be carrying these kits? I'm not sure if Hannants do or not as everything from AMG is constantly a future release.

Almost but not quite true. Of the 32 items listed, two are in stock. I think Hannants are just (sometimes very)  slow aquiring new stock (which also applies to many other lines they carry).

Paul.

That looks promising, and apparently has a lower rear fuselage top, which is the first time this feature has been modelled.  However it represents this by a central spine with large recesses, presumably for gun field of view.  This is not something I've ever noticed nor seen reference to.  In all fairness this was also true until recently of the (much smaller) recesses on the Blenheim.  If incorrect, it will at least be easily filled to reshape.

If the tooling does indeed include the original cockpit coamings then this will enable the easy conversion of the Airfix Demon/AZ Hind to earlier versions of the family.

If the company is going to produce more of the family can we please please have a correct Hart Trainer?

• Like 2

After spending ages kitbashing an Avis/AmodelAZ Hart Trainer  - hear hear! Should be easy enough with the insert tooling.

Meantimes, I needs an Audax! 

Looking great though, streets ahead of previous kits.

TT 

7 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

After spending ages kitbashing an Avis/AmodelAZ Hart Trainer  - hear hear! Should be easy enough with the insert tooling.

I think an entire new sprue for upper wing, new interwing struts, cockpit coaming, instrument panel, rear seat, windscreen, not sure about exhausts.  A bigger problem would be the perceived small market for the cost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Meantimes, I needs an Audax! 

Looking great though, streets ahead of previous kits.

TT 

I made the Amodel/Avis Audax a few years ago and was very happy with the result, not easy builds though!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Demon arrived in my post directly from Ukraine yesterday. The kit is absolutely delightful, the level of detail, including the rendition of the fabric surfaces, is simply amazing for 1/72. The model must satisfy even the most pedantic modeller. You can never be sure before you start building it, but it looks like there has been no room for improvement left. On the first sight, even the tiniest details are present, both interior and exterior.

Does anyone have an idea about the technology used? Because of the rather esoteric subject, I doubt steel moulds. However, the detail is in my opinion too fine for classical short run technology.

As the published test shots suggest at least Audax and Hind, and quite probably Hardy too, I included few comparison photos with the A-Model Hart, my favourite representation of the Hart family on the market. The AMG kit is evidently by far ahead, so I am afraid, if AMG keep their plans, my hoarded A-Model Harts and Audaxes, and AZ Hinds will have to go.

Unfortunately, I completed another Demon just about a year ago. I do not want my world to be overdemonized, otherwise I would love starting the kit as soon as I finish my recent build. However, Hart is scheduled for release still in 2021. If it arrives in the right time, it will go directly from the mailbox on the workbench.

The final note is directly for @Graham Boak. Yes Graham, you can finally sleep better. The kit indeed features correct Demon lower rear fuselage top for the first time. I believe the reason is obvious. The instructions contain the following in bold print: … AMG thanks Mr. John Adams for his great help in preparing the release of this model …

20210612-DSC-0096.jpg

20210612-DSC-0110.jpg

20210612-DSC-0107.jpg

20210612-DSC-0098.jpg

20210612-DSC-0102.jpg

20210612-DSC-0104.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1