Question as to best overall Mig-21MF aftermarket cockpit for the 1/48 Eduard kit

28ZComeback

Hello all, 

I have the Eduard 1/48 Mig-21MF on deck and want to display the kit with the canopy open. Is there an aftermarket cockpit set available that is recommended? I am a patient builder and typically spend a lot of time sanding to fit. Thank you for your interest and suggestions. 

Edited by 28ZComeback

• 28ZComeback changed the title to Question as to best overall Mig-21MF aftermarket cockpit for the 1/48 Eduard kit
8 hours ago, Seawinder said:

The only challenge is getting a close color match for the few items that aren't PE.

Agreed. This is a common issue with Eduard coloured PE sadly. I'd suggest, though, that you can't really beat the Eduard offering despite the colour issues.

Martin

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:19 PM, Seawinder said:

The only challenge is getting a close color match for the few items that aren't PE.

The best way to get a color match for the Eduard modern Soviet jet PE sets, is a mix of three Mr Color paints.

20% Mr Color 66 - Bright Green

20% Mr Color 80 - Cobalt Blue

60% Mr Color 34 - Sky Blue

The mix is listed in the instructions for the Eduard 1/48 MiG-21R ProfiPACK, and it looks really good.

Larry

• Thanks 1