Hastings and Halifax similarities.

Could any of you tell me if there are any similarities on these two planes that can be migrated to the other even if a little work is involved, I have had a look and think the undercarriage is one item, what about engine cowlings or spinners etc.

Would very much like your thoughts.

OH, in gentleman's scale.

Cheers

Gary

The Hastings wing is a Halifax wing with extra bits added.  I don't have a plan showing this: it did appear on the net a few years ago either here or perhaps on RAF Command Forums.  I think that there's little else in common.  The engine cowlings are the same diameter but not otherwise identical.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, Head in the clouds. said:

Could any of you tell me if there are any similarities on these two planes that can be migrated to the other even if a little work is involved, I have had a look and think the undercarriage is one item, what about engine cowlings or spinners etc.

Would very much like your thoughts.

OH, in gentleman's scale.

Cheers

Gary

Gary, some drawings that may be of use? 

lzWece.jpg

lzW9GF.jpg

lzWk4X.jpg

lzWPFf.jpg

lzWJPb.jpg

If you want more just ask.

John

• Like 3

I believe that when they rebuilt the Halifax at the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, they used a set of Hastings wings as no Halifax wings could be found.

23 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Gary, some drawings that may be of use?

I am sure they will John, thanks for posting. I have to fess up and say that I have purchased a Formaplane Hastings, unfortunatly, due to it's age the spinners and engine cowels are damaged so I was hoping to use those off an Halifax.

Now pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing, any kit is buildable....he says!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

I believe that when they rebuilt the Halifax at the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, they used a set of Hastings wings as no Halifax wings could be found.

And there were some parts left over too:

51007729800_ea5b29ff9e_c.jpgTG536 Hastings C.1 wing by Irish251, on Flickr

Edited by Irish 251
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Now pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing, any kit is buildable....he says!

If you are prepared to replace enough of it ! I'm just buiding a Mew Gull where the only kit parts used will be the canopy, the forward 3/4 of the fuselage and the horizontal tail parts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I am sure they will John, thanks for posting. I have to fess up and say that I have purchased a Formaplane Hastings, unfortunatly, due to it's age the spinners and engine cowels are damaged so I was hoping to use those off an Halifax.

I have seen one built.....Hmmm

I know @wallyinoz  is attempting this, cos I sent him one.

I saw the light and bought the S&M issue.

Maybe Valom if you wait?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Irish 251 said:

And there were some parts left over too:

Maybe I could use them!🤪

11 hours ago, rossm said:

If you are prepared to replace enough of it

Who said life was easy...😂

11 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I saw the light and bought the S&M issue

Hi Frank, yes, I have seen your thoughts on this kit but I could not stretch to the cost of an S&M Halifax but the little red fella on my right shoulder put up hell of a fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1