Mercedes AMG GT3 Haribo +++Finished+++

Redstaff

I've finally decided that this GB is the time to complete this one. 

All I have done is added the bumpers and scoops and glued the spoiler together. 

I've spoken to @Brad and he's happy that this falls well under the 25% rule, I thought I'd primed it at first glance, but it's grey plastic :)

I didn't want the box top scheme, so it's going to be one of the Haribo sponsored ones

20210418_164955_resized

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished my GB for another site and managed to get a bit of bench time today to make a start for this GB

Snipped a lot of stuff from the sprues, dressed and got into primer coat ready, then I ran out of space for drying, so I decided a beer in the back garden was needed :) 

Might get some more done tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be typical Bank holiday issue, ie rain followed by more rain

20210502_143003_resized_1

• Like 6

For this build I thought I'd try the MRP high gloss black that I got a while ago, someone said it was good.

I painted it yesterday, but having never used it before, I must have put it on a bit heavy as the primer had crazed in a couple of places, anyway, this morning I wetsanded back to smooth out the imperfections and gave it light coats this afternoon. It seems to have worked, but you need a lot of light coats to cover it fully as it seems very watery. I wouldn't call it high gloss though, more of a satin finish, but I'm going to 2K it anyway and it looks smooth enough to lay the decals down.

I might try their 2K gloss black to see if that's any better. Got some of the other bits painted as well, so progress is coming on nicely :) 

Ian :) 

20210504_141614_resized

• Like 6

Glad it's sorted - Looks nice and smooth from here.

Can I ask, is that the HobbyZone system in the background or an 'alternative'? I'm looking for some drawers but the HobbyZone stuff is either out of stock or 'double the price' if in stock.

Cheers

• Like 1

Had an hour spare tonight, so I thought I'd start laying the decals down so I can clear coat and leave to dry.

I must admit I'm impressed with the SK decals :) 

Hopefully I can get a bit more done tomorrow

20210505_213313_resized

20210505_213237_resized

• Like 10

Got the rest of the decals on today and did a bit of sub assembly work, ie the cockpit, wheels and grill. 

Decals have followed curves quite well, but I think there will be a little re-touching once they are dry, especially on the bears on the doors, but hopefully not too much

I'm loving this kit and can recommend it as one of Tamiyas finest, Nigel ( @wimbledon99 ) stop hovering and buy one :)  you know you want to ......... I will get another at some point as there are so many decal options available

Will leave it now till the weekend to clear coat

20210506_184610_resized

20210506_184751_resized

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Redstaff changed the title to Mercedes AMG GT3 Haribo +++Finished+++

Calling a day (or night) on this now

Just a couple of taster pics for now, will take some decent pics and do a write up when I get time and a bit of sun for the pics

Cheers

20210510_220052_resized

20210510_215947_resized

• Like 12

• 2 months later...

Sod's law and an aging memory have all come together today 🤣 🤣

Thought this morning, I must get some pics and post in the gallery before it closes, but it had already closed as the end date was yesterday 🤨 🤣

Never mind, I enjoyed the build and it's a kit I would recommend to anyone :)