Elegoo Mars 2 Pro Disaster

xvtonker

Just made a humungous cock-up and tried to start printing more aircraft ladders, but forgot I had the printing plate set for draining another set of ladders.

End result? A cracked LCD screen DOH!!! 😭

I'm now trying to source a replacement LCD screen and sod's law dictates that everywhere is out of stock......

XVTonker :pilot:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know the only place you can get a screen for the Mars 2 Pro is from ChiTu systems here :-

https://www.chitusystems.com/product/6-08-inch-2k-mono-dxq608-x04/

Hope this helps ;-)

All back up and running again.

Purchased a new LCD screen from ChiTu and, after viewing a number of You Tube videos it took me about 20 minutes to change.

One word of warning though. The LCD screen is mounted onto a glass sub-screen. Initially I removed both the LCD and glass screen as a single unit. Fortunately they are only held in position with double sided tape. The actual LCD screen is only about 3 mm thick and they advise you to use a hair dryer as a heat source to soften the adhesive. Something I wish I had done.

I've now gone and got me a mono LCD Mars 2 machine as well as the Mars 2 Pro as it also has the same mono LCD screen and build plate as the Pro so it will be interesting to compare results.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, crumper said:

As far as I know the only place you can get a screen for the Mars 2 Pro is from ChiTu systems here :-

https://www.chitusystems.com/product/6-08-inch-2k-mono-dxq608-x04/

Hope this helps 😉

It did and thank you.

Purchased one direct from China and it only took a week to arrive. 

ChiTu also said that the replacement screens should be available over here by the end of the month.

Thanks again

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, xvtonker said:

It did and thank you.

Purchased one direct from China and it only took a week to arrive. 

ChiTu also said that the replacement screens should be available over here by the end of the month.

Thanks again

Glad to help.

Good news about screens being available over here again soon.

• 3 months later...

Further to my original post regarding the destruction of the LCD screen on my Elegoo Mars 2 Pro, I then went and attempted to do exactly the same thing on my brand new Elegoo Mars 2!!

So I sat down to work out how to prevent any further attempts to destroy the LCD screens. The simple solution was:

Printers

• Thanks 1