Phantom FGR2, 29 Sqn, RAF Coningsby

May I present my latest attempt at an RAF Phantom...

Fujimi 1/72, McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR2, XV419 / G of 29 Sqn, RAF Coningsby from1981.

As always, I've tried to get it true to life and from the reference photo's it was still carrying the DSG coloured wing tanks and some of the warning signs were not yet in the low vis scheme.

Painted with Xtracolor Enamels and the Humbrol Matt Cote as per usual, after market decals from Xtradecals.

I have the Plane Crazy/Gemini Aces diecast model and it was always the plan once I got back into modelling to re-create the die casts and then move them on.

The Die-cast and a photo of original aircraft for reference.

XV419

Phantom FGR2 - XV419 G - 29 Sqn b IMG_1674 IMG_1669 IMG_1668 IMG_1679 IMG_1677 IMG_1672 IMG_1664 IMG_1665 IMG_1667 IMG_1670 IMG_1673 IMG_1678 IMG_1675 IMG_1671

• Like 30

2 hours ago, scottyphbeta said:

Ok, as somehow the topic has been uploaded twice, how do I delete one of them?

I've retrieved one for you from the bin, but if you find another one lurking around, just report it for deletion, as discussed ;)

Very smart mate.  I used to have loads of diecast (and have done Code 3 conversions of lots of them).  The GA model is nice but is nowhere near as good as your model.  There is no comparison when you put them side by side.  I have sold of almost all of my diecast now.

Cracking build and looks so much better, nice one bud.

Say what you will about the new-tool Airfix, Academy, and Fine Molds Phantoms, but it seems to me, at least from the ones I've seen here by BM'ers, that the Fujimi 1/72 Phantoms do not give anything up to the much newer releases in the hands of a good modeler. You have a beautiful FGR2 there, Scotty! :like:

Mike