Guy Martin on CH4

Paul J

Anyone here see the latest Guy Martin adventure?  Learning to fly and hoping to end up in mock Bof B combat.  What made me cringe was his shoulder strap , when in the TIger Moth had slipped down and not even tightened up!!  

• Sad 1

Overall, not a bad programme though. Nice Aircraft shots and bits from the BoB film. I'll be watching more episodes for sure.

I, at last learned more about the readiness boards in the Fighter Command control centre. So that was good.

I wonder if he did actually do that well, or was it good editing? He's getting on a bit now, but should have some decent co-ordination left.

I checked, I do have room in the back garden for a fibre glass Hurricane. (Please Santa).

Warbird Workshop starts on Yesterday, Thursday at nine. BTW.

I've watched both episodes and very much enjoyed them. Guy is a lot more "human" than most presenters, who are often very keen to project an image of knowing everything there is to know about a subject (I have my doubts...). 

When he comes out with stuff like "That's a bit cosy around me spuds" and the like, it makes him seem just as fallible as the rest of us and more likeable than a lot of folk on the telly. 

His programmes are unashamedly "popular science / engineering-based" and they are designed to appeal to a very wide audience. Don't go in thinking they will explain Quantum Physics to you and you'll likely enjoy them. 

Chris.  

• Like 2