Is it bad form to use the same build in two GBs?

RC Boater Bill

I’m new to the GB thing...

I just joined my first one recently- the Anything but Injected build that is underway now.   The resin model I selected also qualifies for the “Unarmed” build that is starting up.

Is it bad form to post the same build in both threads?  

Just now, RC Boater Bill said:

I’m new to the GB thing...

I just joined my first one recently- the Anything but Injected build that is underway now.   The resin model I selected also qualifies for the “Unarmed” build that is starting up.

Is it bad form to post the same build in both threads?  

No its not but then again not a common thing either. I have seen it done once or twice. Though from what Ive seen it does take approval of both group build hosts and possibly Enzo as well ?

I'm doing it at the moment with a Kiwi Skyhawk in both the ANZAC GB and the Skyhawk STGB. I'm alternating posts between the two, and only intend to put it in one gallery when it's done. Also just started a build that qualifies for 4 GBs at the same time, but only going to build it in one - trying to spread it across 4 group builds sounds too much like hard work!

This point was specifically raised when GroupBuild guidelines were first drawn up by Mish.   All probably long forgotten, and purged off the record now.

In those days there were occasional prizes at the end of GBs, there's still the kudos and associated bragging rights.

For those stated reasons it was forbidden, a build being eligable for one GB only.

I've not seen this point change anywhere, nor addressed in @Enzo Matrix Group Build Future Policy discussions, so regard the practice as still standing.

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

This point was specifically raised when GroupBuild guidelines were first drawn up by Mish.   All probably long forgotten, and purged off the record now.

In those days there were occasional prizes at the end of GBs, there's still the kudos and associated bragging rights.

For those stated reasons it was forbidden, a build being eligable for one GB only.

I've not seen this point change anywhere, nor addressed in @Enzo Matrix Group Build Future Policy discussions, so regard the practice as still standing.

That's some really helpful background.👍

Fortunately as host of the Anything but Injection GB, it fits in with what I was going to suggest! Namely in that particular Gb, although there is no prize in the 'Competition' gallery, there is the kudos and bragging rights associated with it, however in that GB there is also a Display only gallery, so I feel that if you put the completed chopper (I had to say it), in there then that wouldn't be a problem within that GB.

As a spectator though, personally though I'd find it bewildering trying to follow a build in two different threads. Maybe that's because I'm a bear of very small brain or just bamboozled by there being over 90 builds already in the Anything but Injection GB!

I like the idea of a display only gallery. I'll certainly use it with my Ceres - I'm treating the Harvard GB as the 'main' GB for that one but as it also qualifies for Anything But Injection I'll post it in the display gallery there.

• Thanks 1

I think it is!!!!!

I mean how are you meant to clear out the stash to make room more models if you only build one model for multiple GB's!!!!

I mean it should be the other way around.....multiple models for one GB! :D

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I think it is!!!!!

I mean how are you meant to clear out the stash to make room more models if you only build one model for multiple GB's!!!!

But spread over a dozen GBs and a couple of years, you might actually get to finish one Rich :whistle:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

But spread over a dozen GBs and a couple of years, you might actually get to finish one Rich :whistle:

hey you......back in you box!!!!  :fuyou_2:

:bleh:

• Haha 2

On 24/04/2021 at 09:14, trickyrich said:

I think it is!!!!!

Diorama? Accompanying models seem like a great way to go the extra mile and set your build apart.  Plus creatively interpreting the rules to try something different keeps things interesting 

I did it with one project. I had a Huey on a semi trailer. I put the Huey in the the aircraft section and the truck/trailer in the vehicles section. For the finished pictures I put matching posts in both categories.

Sorry, but I lost track. Can we enter one build in two groupbuilds now or can't we? I know that some people find the time to follow all groupbuilds. I just follow those that I participate in. Hence, a kit in two GBs might be interesting for different visitors!