SAAB Draken J-35J

Here is my latest completed built, the Hasegawa kit #09837 of the Draken (Dragon) J-35J.   The kit comes with lovely decals to build one of two special marking aircraft so I chose this one as it kept the underlying camo scheme.  This is a great kit that goes together with a minimum of fuss. 

resized_e1c2688c-21bd-4c57-bcd0-89625163

resized_b7a012b8-e735-4afa-8d3a-082bc1d6

resized_6a5e5170-b762-475b-af04-dd92998d

resized_95225151-810e-4bef-a825-398bfea8

resized_1aa7e810-b083-4748-bbeb-dc6a7d73

• Like 37

Gorgeous! The Drakken is one of those aircraft that still looks futuristic 60 years later. Lovely scheme and nice to still keep the camo.

Edited by ModelMonkey
Typo!
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful J 35J Draken of the F 10 fighter wing in Ängelholm!

The pristine original style camo really suits it and enhances the character of this Mach 2 fighter.

A minor detail: the air inlets aren't metal but fibreglass plastic…

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful J 35J Draken of the F 10 fighter wing in Ängelholm!

The pristine original style camo really suits it and enhances the character of this Mach 2 fighter.

A minor detail: the air inlets aren't metal but fibreglass plastic…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim, Good to know they are fiberglass although at this point because of the decals I don't think I could change the color.  But very good for anyone else reading this to take note of it.  The directions call for Burnt Iron and Steel.  

• Like 2

Lovely build, I always had a soft spot for the Draken since getting a 1/72 kit for Christmas probably 50 years ago. Mine didn't look much this fantastic model though. Congratulations on a very fine job!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Josh G said:

great stuff; might have to invest in one. I understand they used to intercept and shadow Soviet Bear flights 

They certainly did!  Of interest is this is the first aircraft that could perform the Cobra maneuver which the Soviets/Russians made famous at airshows.

• Like 1

Lovely model of a lovely jet! 

On 19/04/2021 at 21:11, Harold55 said:

Thanks Joachim, Good to know they are fiberglass although at this point because of the decals I don't think I could change the color.  But very good for anyone else reading this to take note of it.  The directions call for Burnt Iron and Steel.  

It certainly is good to know, I've got an Eduard boxing getting very close to the top of the to-do pile! 

Cracking Draken Harold!

Keith

• Like 1