Hasegawa 1/72 X-29

srkirad

Good evening mates,

I'd join this GB with something that definitely has no weapon on-board :)

I had some thoughts to leave this one for some Prototype-themed GB, but don't know whether it will pass nextyear's bum..N..(khm)...fight :D so I'll start it here...

Anyway... one from X-planes family... X-29 ... 

x29-001.jpg

Decals are probably to be fixed onto window in order to remove a bit of yellowness on decal film, characteristic for Hasegawa...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

I've been working a bit on X-29 while pausing on other GB projects - so far cockpit and fuselage are assembled, joins are sanded down, and now only some rescribing remains in order to move further.

Exhaust is painted in Dark Iron, and received a protective gloss coat...

x29-002.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I was busy finishing Boomerang in Texan GB, but assembling of fuselage, wings and other smaller bits on X-29 was also in the process, but I didn't take photos, so here we are after primer - Mr. Surfacer 1200.

x29-003.jpg

x29-004.jpg

x29-005.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 8

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get used to the look of those wings!  It's going to look great though with the decals on :coolio:.

Cheers

Yeah, I know, me too.

It's funny, but during assembling wings and fuselage I had a few moments of not being sure how to attach wings... somehow brain tells you "put them in natural position", but they are supposed to be like this :D 

I must admit it was pretty ackward situation, unknown in previous scale modeling life of mine :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Decals are on... some of them were breaking in half probably due to the older age, but I've managed to save them..

However, upper wing decals were a bit nasty to position, especially near the rear of fuselage... I've tried to paintbrush correct those lines and this is the best I've managed to do :( I'll try to mask this not so great look with slightly lighter shade of grey wash...

Next set of photos will probably be the one with finished model...

x29-008.jpg

x29-009.jpg

x29-010.jpg

x29-011.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the gallery...

Subtle wash done with artistic oils, navigation lights were first painted with Chrome Silver, then overcoated with Kristal Klear, and in the end painted in Clear Red...

x29-012.jpg

x29-013.jpg

x29-014.jpg

x29-015.jpg

x29-016.jpg

x29-017.jpg

x29-018.jpg

x29-019.jpg

x29-020.jpg

x29-021.jpg

x29-022.jpg

x29-023.jpg