BAe Hawk T.2 RWR

treker_ed

Hope someone can answer this.

Does anyone have any idea what the colour of the RWR tis is on the Hawk T.2 in RAF service. On the pictures I can find, it appears to be a grey colour, but I am unable (at the moment) to find exactly which colour it is.

As I am not paint as per any instruction guide as such (using a Xtradecal sheet and only gives the overall external colour as BS381c/642 Night no other information!) I'm a little bit stuck with this one tiny last bit of painting before decals!

Thanks in advance.

After looking around some on line images,the body is a light grey, the front face either a silvery colour (Canada) or tan (radome?) , (Australia) maybe try finding a photo of your plane  & paint it in something that looks about right. Wear & fading are sure to be factors in the colour as seen rather than a match against a standard. Imho anyway.

Steve.

This is a crop from a photo of Hawk T2 ZK027/R I took at RIAT 2019; the nose looks to be a metallic coating over a glassfibre cap. Could explain why some look tan, the metal layer may have eroded over time:

901e0a36-fac2-4cba-bdbb-f98af996aedb.jpg

HTH,

Jonathan

• Like 2