TAKOM Flakpanzer Gepard A2 in 1/35

Hi friends

Inspired by a visit to the Military History Museum in Dresden, I came up with the idea of recreating the Gepard flak tank on display there.

Maybe you know the diorama already, i use it from my MAN 7-tonner dio.

Long time we have just the very old Tamiya kit on the market, but suddenly almost to same time MENG and TAKOM released the Gepard, after comparision i choose the TAKOM one, coz in many model forums they said to me that the Takom one is better choice.

So here it is, hope you like it.

flakpanzergepardfhjvi.jpeg

flakpanzer_gepard_-_m1ujms.jpg

copyright by Wikipedia

dscf6170yekp2.jpg

dscf6171ejjot.jpg

dscf6172qojzv.jpg

dscf6173g5jeq.jpg

dscf6174v6kai.jpg

dscf6175pmkbq.jpg

dscf6176z9k7o.jpg

dscf61776mk01.jpg

dscf61781qj5g.jpg

dscf6186lljsq.jpg

dscf6179pdjzn.jpg

dscf6180tvkq3.jpg

dscf61816xkqk.jpg

dscf6182sjksb.jpg

dscf6183y3jll.jpg

dscf6184hyk9i.jpg

dscf6185pykto.jpg

some day i want display it like the one in Dresden

• Like 25

You deceived me, so dishonest! :rofl:
At first, when I flipped through the photos, I thought that these were reference images of a real tank, and when I got to the last photo and didn’t find a model, and only then I realized that in the photos was the model, not the reference. Fantastic job! 👍

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

That's superb, cracking paint and weathering - and an excellent diorama too!

And like @vytautas you fooled me too - I thought they were all pictures of the real one and had to study them carefully to work out which ones were the model! 

Lovely job! 

Keith

• Thanks 1

That’s fabulous, and a little scary to me.

Flashbacks to an afternoon F-4 wild weasel sortie from Spangdahlem, probably in 1986. It was always difficult to find live radar signatures in Germany for the F-4G to hunt. We were tasked to find and simulate attacks on a Gepard unit on maneuvers.  I forgot exactly where they were operating. 

The G found the Gerard’s and directed us, in the F-4E, to simulate a pop up attack on one of the Gepards. As we were climbing from about 250 ft above ground level up to about 3000 before rolling into the dive bombing attack I looked out of the left side of the canopy.  I was looking right down the barrels of another Gepard watching the strobe light (I guess to simulate the cannons firing) as it tracked us. And saw 3 or 4 of his buddies spread out across the field. Yikes!  I held great respect for those guys. 

Thanks for posting. You presented a truly outstanding model. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mark V said:

That’s fabulous, and a little scary to me.

Flashbacks to an afternoon F-4 wild weasel sortie from Spangdahlem, probably in 1986. It was always difficult to find live radar signatures in Germany for the F-4G to hunt. We were tasked to find and simulate attacks on a Gepard unit on maneuvers.  I forgot exactly where they were operating. 

The G found the Gerard’s and directed us, in the F-4E, to simulate a pop up attack on one of the Gepards. As we were climbing from about 250 ft above ground level up to about 3000 before rolling into the dive bombing attack I looked out of the left side of the canopy.  I was looking right down the barrels of another Gepard watching the strobe light (I guess to simulate the cannons firing) as it tracked us. And saw 3 or 4 of his buddies spread out across the field. Yikes!  I held great respect for those guys. 

Thanks for posting. You presented a truly outstanding model. 

Wow what a great story, very interesting to tell us your experiences with our Gepards, its a shame they are out of service already.

Thank you

Awesome work my friend looks brilliant 👏. I may have to buy this kit and try to re create the scheme shown on the box art 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi my friends

I am very grateful to all of you for the nice comments and all the praise.

But none of you (including me) noticed that the mirrors were missing hehehehe. I just attached it.

dscf6188qzj97.jpg

Thank you....

• Like 3