Bengal Lancer

Ratch

Very nice.  I built the smaller scale buff coated Bengal Lancer back in the day.  From memory that was an excellent kit too, one of Airfix finest figures.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Ratch he looks beautiful, i built it when it first came out in the 70s ,but sold it to a relative, wished i still had him .

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I was fortunate enough to be given this kit by a modeler who decided not to build it (he was mainly a car modeler). He's since passed, and I hope to build it in his honor. It's great to see a built kit, so I have some idea of what it looks like.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ratch,

EXQUISITE  build.  I think you have their uniform quite correctly.. it was blue et al as seen in your model.

:wow:

:worthy:

Did you know that the Indian soldiers  who were in this regiment fought during WWII  in San Felice,  Italy in 1943 as they advanced  towards River  Sangro in 1943 ; as did many other Indian contingents..

You did a STUNNING  build.

:clap:

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much @HOUSTON, I researched the uniform but not the history of the regiment, so thanks for that piece of information. He had an outing today to ModelKraft :innocent: