Wirraway

reini

On 4/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, reini said:

Thanks John! I rarely have any recipes for my BBQ, I just add spices and sauces as I see fit and hope the end result is satisfying! :D For the chicken I usually dry rub them with appropriate seasoning (my favourite is Louisiana Cajun by Poppamies  https://www.poppamies.fi/louisiana-cajun-rub/), put them for 45 minutes to an hour on indirect heat. I usually add some smoke to the mix just to add some flavour. Flip them over few times over the process. In the end, they should be crisp on the outside & juicy on the inside. Serve with your favourite wing sauce and enjoy :) Altough this time I forgot the seasoning but added some sweet fruity BBQ sauce in the end to make them bit sticky. Worked fine with the sour wing sauce.

I like my burgers, wings and ribs and such as they are pretty straightforward and 'honest' BBQ food - and usually they taste little bit different every time I make them - and that's fine. Honestly, I'm not much of a chef but once you got few basic things down there really is no wrong way to BBQ.

Very great recipe and the plane is good too :)

Your Wirraway looks like on a scale of 32, really very impressive!

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

Nice work, really nice build but the colours are unfortunately due to following outdated research. It should be Earth Brown / Foliage Green over RAAF Sky Blue. RLM 65 is not a bad match for the blue. RLM 76 not so good.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice work, Reini. I fear the comments may be right about the colours but I’m no expert in this (or any) area. 👍

Martin

Yeah I have no doubt that they are. It's a bummer, but at this point I'm not gonna strip it down to plastics again and repaint. Even if I kinda want to. :swear: I'm calling it a whiff and moving on. Maybe revisiting the subject at some point but I don't think in the near future :D 

• Haha 1